Thread: PC Tune-Up freezes my computer

jvh Guest

Default PC Tune-Up freezes my computer

Hi,
    Today I bought the Extreme version of ZoneAlarm (and I do like the new Browser approach). At check out I got the offer to buy PC Tune-Up which I did.
    So this is just a feedback to ZoneLabs and for people who might be interested in buying PC Tune-Up.
    Checking the computer worked fine, finding all kinds of registry errors and removing them worked fine too. But on Defrag
    it seems to work forever and when I try to cancel it or to start taskmanager everything freezes. (WinXP SP3)
    Only when I shutdown ZoneAlarm I am at least able to cancel the defrag process but even that takes a long time on a fast machine.
    Don't think that it is a good idea to sell this with ZoneAlarm. That kind of malfunction is also blaimed on the people (the company) who recommends it, not only on the original software company.
    So be aware of it...

Operating System:Windows XP Pro

Default Re: PC Tune-Up freezes my computer

Hi!you have to shutdown ZA to use PC Tune-up or wait a long looong time before the cleaning process finalise...Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 07-10-2009 11:54 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jazztech Guest

That's nice. How about some advice on what to do as someone is sitting in front of a frozen screen, an unresponsive mouse, a disk light flashing dimly at random intervals and PC Tune-up supposedly in the middle of defragging my registry? This has been going on for 9 hours. I cannot get the task manager up. If I force a shutdown, will I be able to reboot? Or, is my registry hosed? I don't need to know what to do the next time I run it, I need to know what to do now.

uuuhm, 9 hour? A bit too much...
    Probably you need to reboot and pray that it will still work

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information