Thread: How to extend the validation date of the root certificate needed for ZASS 6.5 ?

Default How to extend the validation date of the root certificate needed for ZASS 6.5 ?

Hi,
    I have one machine running Windows 2000 Professional that CANNOT be upgraded to XP because it is used to run a software operating a machine working ONLY with Windows 2000 professional (there is no possibility of getting an upgraded version of this software).

Because of the problem of the root certificate being no monger valid, the machine does not work any more...

Since ZASS version 7 or 8 is not compatible with Win2000, I must remain with ZA version 6.5 (or go for another firewall/antivirus combination). Is there a way to extend the validation date of the root certificate neeeded by ZASS 6.5 ?

Default Re: How to extend the validation date of the root certificate needed for ZASS 6.5 ?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ptulkens wrote:
    Hi,
    I have one machine running Windows 2000 Professional that CANNOT be upgraded to XP because it is used to run a software operating a machine working ONLY with Windows 2000 professional (there is no possibility of getting an upgraded version of this software).

Because of the problem of the root certificate being no monger valid, the machine does not work any more...

Since ZASS version 7 or 8 is not compatible with Win2000, I must remain with ZA version 6.5 (or go for another firewall/antivirus combination). Is there a way to extend the validation date of the root certificate neeeded by ZASS 6.5 ?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Unfortunately the Life Span of some Older software has run it course.. It may betime to Upgrade your Computer or move on to software that may still Support your Old Windows Operating System..Here are a fewSolutions..http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...mp;action=view"Good luck..--------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:988902330
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200907.6245
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 07-21-2009 04:07 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default root certificate validation expired...

Hi,

I see a lot of posts about this problem and notice that several of them are closed by the moderator... especially if asking about how to have a a root certificate with extended validation date.

Yet, several of us (including me) have problem(s) because we simply cannot upgrade (older machines that MUST remain with older OS).

One comment was very clear in that context:

===========================================
    I am not sure what you call &quot;very old&quot; but my vsinit file is dated Aug 95 which means it is not four years old and I have had it less than three years. I do not understand the purpose of having the file expire so soon. What is the purpose? Make us upgrade to a newer version? I do not want to do that. I have enough computer problems as it is and would rather leave things as they are when they are working fine.

At any rate, it seems the solution would be as easy as ZoneLabs issuing the same file with a new signature which expires in the future.
    ===========================================

What is the reason for ZoneLabs (i) not issuing a warning ahead of time (so as not taking people by surprise); (ii) not releasing a new certificate with an extended expiration date ?

I do understand that using version 6.5 is not as safe as running a more recent version, but why making it impossible ? It would suffice to warn the user that this is a less than perfect option, but if she/he needs it ...

I appreciate very much the way this forum works for most problems, but am unhappy here to see obvious questions (to me) receiving no answer ... and the corresponding posts being shut down...

Can this be improved ?

Very kind regards to all who volunteer for maintenance of this forum.

forum_moderator Guest

Default Re: root certificate validation expired...

ZoneAlarm and Check Point is not providing support for 6.5 or below. So this means that any posts on how to work around the root cert issue may be removed.ZoneAlarm has never maintained or updated old code and definitely code which is 3 years old.This expiration was not planned nor did we know it would happen. Forum Moderator

Thread Information