Thread: Informational : Registry key issues in CCleaner

Charles_B Guest

Default Informational : Registry key issues in CCleaner

Charles_B: When I run CCleaner to clean registry.I always get the following registry key issues : Missing Shared DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\isafeif.dll HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Sha redDlls
    Missing Shared DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vetredir.dll HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Sha redDlls I can click to fix selected issues, but they come back when rescan for issues.Can they just be ignore.Could they be leftover entries from previous old security suites. Running CCleaner v2.22.968 slim. which is current version.Maybe a glitch in CCleaner.Also ongoing in other older CCleaner built.. Please advice.

Agent: Yes, we've seen CCleaner detect these items for several of their versions now. I don't know why CCleaner detects our files in this manner. It's possible that CCleaner has some incorrect information in it as to where our registry keys are and how they are working.

Charles_B: So not worry

Agent: Right, as long as you have the ZA icon near the clock in the lower right and all features show that they are enabled, ZoneAlarm is functioning properly on your system.

Charles_B: So I'm good to go.

Agent: Yes, you can ignore these entries in CCleaner, they don't seem to affect ZA or it's functioning.

For privacy concerns the names of ZoneAlarm's agent and that of myself were excluded.

Message Edited by Charles_B on 08-01-2009 07:28 PM

Default Re: Informational : Registry key issues in CCleaner

I would Recomend Downloading and Installing the FREE Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI)http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid">

THE DIRTY DOZEN !
    Are you part of a sad statistic? The average user without the Secunia PSI has 12 insecure programs installed on their PC! [ Read the blog ]

VULNERABLE ?
    Did you know that many of the hacker attacks and security threats today exploit software vulnerabilities and code flaws?

WHATS ON YOUR PC ?
    The typical user has 80 programs installed. Do you know which programs you have installed? Do you know which programs expose you to security threats?

SECURE ?
    Is your PC secure? Do you have all the latest security updates and patches?
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PROTECT YOURSELF !
    Security patches are usually free and available for download from the program vendors. Let the Secunia PSI pinpoint exactly which patches you need to secure your PC.

The Secunia PSI is a free security tool designed with the sole purpose of helping you secure your computer against vulnerabilities in programs.

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Charles_B Guest

Hi GeorgeV

I use online at this link :

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_sca...ine/?task=load

Sorry, but I don't understsand how OP relevant to Seunia.

Under Options / Settings I have a tick to Automatically check for updates to CCleaner

Have a nice Day

B-) Have your Run "CHKDSK /F" lately ?are you running Ccleaner in Default configuration?
    GeorgeV

Charles_B Guest

GeorgeV wrote

Have your Run &quot;CHKDSK /F&quot; lately ?

are you running Ccleaner in Default configuration?

Charles_B wrote

Yes to your question.If you read the OP this information was suppy to me by Live Chat.The following :

Agent: Yes, we've seen CCleaner detect these items for several of their versions now. I don't know why CCleaner detects our files in this manner. It's possible that CCleaner has some incorrect information in it as to where our registry keys are and how they are working.

Charles_B: So not worry

Agent: Right, as long as you have the ZA icon near the clock in the lower right and all features show that they are enabled, ZoneAlarm is functioning properly on your system.

Charles_B: So I'm good to go.

Agent: Yes, you can ignore these entries in CCleaner, they don't seem to affect ZA or it's functioning.

P.S. : You can ask the same issue to Live Chat and see what reply you get from them.This will put this to rest.

Have a nice Day

For privacy concerns the names of ZoneAlarm's agent and that of myself were excluded.

Message Edited by Charles_B on 08-01-2009 07:30 PM

Thank you for your Feedback..I've never had that conflict on any of my 5 computers..
    GeorgeV

Charles_B Guest

Don't get me wrong.I really like CCleaner.I'm not knocking down the software.It's just an issue I have seen of late.Live Chat confirm this issue, that's all.This doesn't keep me from using CCleaner.Minor issue that can be overlooked.

BTW : Forgot to mention that NTFS File System &quot; Clean &quot; about a week ago.

RAIN.We need it real bad in my part of Texas.

Have a nice Day GeorgeV

Message Edited by Charles_B on 08-01-2009 11:07 AM

from what i have seen and heard is that the 2 dlls that show up are part of the uninstall process and are reporting that they are not there
    theres no security flaw with the program or ccleaner so theres no need to be alarmed
    thanks robdog
    (c)robdog 2010 (picture & SN)
    (please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having

Thread Information