Thread: Scroll wheel does not function in Firefox

jfurlong Guest

Default Scroll wheel does not function in Firefox

How do I get the scroll wheel to function when using Firefox?

ZAFF 1.0.331.0, Window XP SP2, FireFox 2.0.0.14

Thanks,

Flong.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:Other ZoneAlarm Product

perrorist Guest

Default Re: Scroll wheel does not function in Firefox

I have the same problem. I'm using a Wacom mouse with a Graphire 4 pad running under WinXP/SP3.

perrorist Guest

The problem is not limited to Firefox. It also occurs with IE.

perrorist Guest

The good news is that since installing the latest version of FF, my scroll wheel is working again.

perrorist Guest

<blockquote><hr>Perrorist wrote:
    The good news is that since installing the latest version of FF, my scroll wheel is working again.
    <hr></blockquote>
    ...except in the private browser window.

gimmeanell Guest

Well, I'm thrilled for you that it worked, but I wish there was a solution for me, as I have the same issue, along with many others since downloading ZAFF. Things are so fouled up right now that in order to verify myself so that I could post here, I had to shut down ZAFF entirely. I am extremely frustrated with this and numerous other issues.

Not only can I not use the scrollwheel portion of my virtual mouse, I can no longer view any videos on the web, can't see most pictures on the web, can't get PDF's to load, can't get many links to load, and the list goes on and on. I'm on an emachines laptop, running Windows XP home edition, using the ZoneAlarm Router, as well as Zone Alarm Security Suite. I purchased the ZAFF because I really believed it was the next layer of security which would keep my browsing safe, and what I got instead was a horrendous slowdown of my startup as well as my browsing, and to make matters worse now the shutdown freezes up almost every time.

Now to make matters even worse, after spending quite a lot of money with CheckPoint, now in order to get help beyond the frustrating knowledge-base, and this forum, I'll need to pay them even more? Wow! This is a first - a company that charges their customers to fix the problems their products create? Is it just me, or are there others who think this is a bad idea?

I'd love to hear if any of you have solutions a non-geek such as myself would be able to effect, because right now I'm ready to heave this laptop out the window! Anyone?

Hi!looks like your issue is more with ZA Suite than ZA forcefield.First, TURN OFF privacy control in ZA suite (adblocking, cookies and mobile control) The, clean your ZAFF virtual data (advanced settings of ZA FF)You can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform....and please do not hijack other users threads, start your own.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 12-14-2008 10:54 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information