Thread: Unable to Delete Browser History

alwaysinneed Guest

Default Unable to Delete Browser History

I installed trial of forcefield.
    Liked the program.
    However, the browser history can not be deleted with ie 7.
    I tried through tools; internet options, delete browsing history.
    In addition I tried privacy cleaner in the latest version of za internet security which did not erase the data.
    I uninstalled due to problem.
    Any ideas?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:Other ZoneAlarm Product

Default Re: Unable to Delete Browser History

Hi!
    you cannot clean the browser history from IE7 but you can simply flash the ZAFF virtual data.
    Data is cached and encrypted in ZAFF (security feature) and not in IE7 this is why probably you cannot clean it.

You can also open an unprotected session to clean the IE7 cache that was there before ZAFF.
    Right click ZAFF icon near the clock... "open unprotected".

To have history and all the rest cleaned after use you can open a ZAFF private browser session.
    Everything will be deleted when you close the window.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

alwaysinneed Guest

I will try this.
    However, it should be integrated somehow so that ZA Internet Security users can use the privacy cleaner included in the suite.
    ----Or maybe I just don't understand the logic.

Hi!
    probably it will be good to make ZASS fully compatible with ZAFF, so far privacy control has been made compatible but apparently not the cache cleaner (I haven't checked myself).

The logic is that ZAFF runs your browser isolated, so that malware will not spread to your system (in rough words). Cache, files and scripts are kept in a ad-hoc temp area that is encrypted (so that even if data is stolen cannot be read or used).

ZASS cache cleaner as well as IE7 cache cleaner clean the normal areas where temp files are kept not the ZAFF reserved area. To clean the reserved area you need to go to the advanced settings of ZAFF and clean the virtual data (last entry in the ZAFF advanced tab).

Unless you have very specific needs of cleaning history at a specific time, this operation should not be necessarily performed every day of every week. If you want to clean your history after every session than simply open a ZAFF private session.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Fax

EDIT: By clearing the virtual data you will also remove add-ons and favorites been added while on ZAFF protected sessions.

Message Edited by fax on 06-04-2008 07:04 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information