Thread: ForceField Keylogging & KeyScrambler

Default ForceField Keylogging & KeyScrambler

How does the anti-keylogging functions in ZA ForceField work?? What sort of keylogging would ZA ForceField prevent??

Are there known forms of keylogging that ZA ForceField cannot prvent??

Does anyone have knowledge of
    Keyscrambler (http://qfxsoftware.com/)??

If we assume that KeyScrambler
    performs as it states it does (http://qfxsoftware.com/learn_more.htm), viz:

Learn More about KeyScrambler

How Keyloggers Work

When you type on your keyboard, the keys travel along a path within the operating system before it arrives at your browser.
    Keyloggers plant themselves along this path and observe and record your keystrokes.
    The collected information is then sent to the criminals who will use it to steal from you.

How KeyScrambler Protects Your Vital Info Online

Unlike anti-virus and anti-spyware programs that depend on recognition to remove keyloggers that they know about, KeyScrambler protects against known and unknown keyloggers without requiring constant updates.
    This is how it works:

- Encrypts your input at keyboard driver level as it enters your computer

- Decrypts it at the destination application

- End to end protection gives keyloggers only indecipherable data to record

- Works even on security compromised computers

- Protects all parts of the browser and everything you type into a webpage on all websites.

Assuming this description is correct, I would simply ask - if KeyScrambler works as it describes itself, Would KeyScrambler provide any additional protection above and beyond ForceField??

All thoughts and help much appreciated.

Default Re: ForceField Keylogging & KeyScrambler

Hi!
    ForceField will protect your browser from the most common keylogger methods.
    The test that includes most of them is here, but there are other ones:
    http://www.firewallleaktester.com/aklt.htm

You can try it with ZAFF, last time I tried ALL test were passed. BUT note that ZAFF is designed to protect your browser not anything else running on the system.

Also note that there are a lot of antikeylogger on the market, all doing a great job.
    The question is NOT who does it better but which one works better for you and your requirements.
    The only way to know is to try them.

Please refrain to post messages about comparison of different security products. This can be taken as marketing and not welcomed here (messages may be removed without any notice). This forum is a user support forum for problems and troubleshooting on ZA products not a generic forum about security tools.

Cheers,
    Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-05-2008 10:52 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thanks for your help. However, your comment re: marketing seems rather out of line:
    <blockquote><hr>fax wrote:
    Hi!

Please refrain to post messages about comparison of different security products. This can be taken as marketing and not welcomed here (messages may be removed without any notice). This forum is a user support forum for problems and troubleshooting on ZA products not a generic forum about security tools.

Cheers,
    Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-05-2008 10:52 AM
    <hr></blockquote>I am a private individual who has paid to buy ForceField. However, the perfect security system has yet to be devised. I am therefore trying to understand ZAFF's capabilities and limitations in respect of its anti keylogging capabilities (understanding that ZAFF only protects my browser) and hence whether additional security such as KeyScrambler is worthwhile. If I do not understand how ZAFF's anti keylogging works I cannot make an informed decision as to whether other additional protection is worthwhile or simply wasted effort.
    I therefore think that my query is entirely reasonable.

Hi!
    Unfortunately there is no perfect security system and adding one security tool on top of another will not necessarily increase your security.

We cannot really suggest you what you should use or if X, Y, Z program will need to be added to your security base or if X, Y, Z is better than Z, H, T.

You can read the FAQ of ZAFF here:
    http://www.zonealarm.com/store/catal...aq_content.jsp

Or the white paper here:
    http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...rces/index.jsp

But at the end its you that have to test these tools on your system. Some of them may work well othersmay not.

Do you need other tools on top of ZASS and ZAFF?
    No, you don't need other tools. This is more than enough toprotect you.
    Just keep them updated and laways active, be careful on what you download and do not always say 'yes' or 'ok' at any prompt you get form your system but try to understand why you get them.

To know how exactly ZAFF works you will need to contact ZAlabs directly.
    And since you have a license you contact free of charge their technical support (www.zonealarm.com/tsform)

Cheers,
    Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-05-2008 07:54 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information