Thread: ForceField Uninstaller Did Not Work

bayrat Guest

Default ForceField Uninstaller Did Not Work

I tried the ForceField Trial Version and uninstalled it after a few days. Prior to installing the trial version, I had run many beta versions but I uninstalled the last beta version before I installed the final ForceField trial version. I found 6 ForceField files in my Zone Alarm Pro\Program Control\Program list and I removed them. However, the Zone Alarm ForceField programs keep coming back. The programs are in C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\*.*. Windows Explorer and PowerDesk do not show this directory so it must be hidden and protected. A search for ForceField on C:\ does not find any files or folders. A registry search for ForceField also comes up blank. Yet ForceField is in my computer and I suspect it is affecting browser speed. I want all ForceField folders, files, and registry entries removed. How can I do this?

Firewall: Zone Alarm Pro
    AntiVirus: ESET NOD32

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:Other ZoneAlarm Product

makarov Guest

Default Re: ForceField Uninstaller Did Not Work

I also used the ForceField beta last year and used to find it hungry for resources. the current version has fixed all that though. Didn't had a problem removing though. (Probably going to remove the current version too, but that's another story.)
    Anyhow, I would remove all that you can, manually, then use Registry Mechanic by PC Tools to get rid of the rest, which it will if the main *.exe and *.dll files are non-existent.
    That's safer than invading the registry and trying to remove a lot of individual references; which can be quite damaging if you're unsure of what you are doing.
    Another program I used to use which was quite good was EasyCleaner by ToniArts, problem was that unless you watched it closely it liked to remove the Help and Support files too!

Thread Information