Thread: Forcefield & FireFox

teflon Guest

Default Forcefield & FireFox

I'm loving the functionality of Forcefield, but.....

every now and then (approx every 3rd or 4th time)when running in protected mode, Firefox resets the home tabs back to the single "welcome to Firefox" page, and changes the theme back to the default theme. If I launch a private browser the home pages and theme are all as they should be, similarly an unprotected browser will show the correct home page and theme. It's just the standard protected browser that is affected.

Any ideas? I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.14 and Forcefield 1.0.331.0 (public release paid for version)on Windows XP with SP3.

Any help would be appreciated, as this is getting really frustrating.

PS - tried swapping to IE7, but the Forcefield toolbar is not visible. I believe the browser is protected, but, under View - tollbars, the forcefield toolbar is greyed out. I prefer Firefox anyway!

Thanks for looking

teflon Guest

Default Re: Forcefield & FireFox

No one?

Hi!if you have a valid license to ZA Force Field better you contact direct the ZA technical support.Here: www.zonealarm.com/tsform (please use IE to submit your issue)... and if you resolve the issue please post back here so otehr users can benefit from the solution (if any)Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

teflon Guest

Hi,

Thanks. I submitted a request for help to them yesterday - curently awaiting a response. I will be sure to post the response back here as soon as it is resolved (or even if not).

Regards,

You're welcome...Please post back with a progress report.Cheers,Fax

teflon Guest

Hi,

Just to let you know I haven't forgotten about this. I received a response from Tech Support advising me to uninstall Force Field using the /rmlicense switch and reinstall a fresh download. Unfortunatley, this did not make any difference so I have refferred the issue back to them.

Force Field seems like a great product, but unfortunately (on my system at least), it does not appear to be fully compatible with either IE7 or Firefox 2, (and, of course, doesn't work at all with Firefox 3). :-(

I'll let you all know what else Tech Support say on the issue.

Hi!meanwhile you could try the new ZAFF beta at:www.zonealarm.com/betaCheers,Fax

Thread Information