Thread: Downloads failing - I have to exit ForceField and use a 3rd party download manager.

simonpg Guest

Default Downloads failing - I have to exit ForceField and use a 3rd party download manager.

I am finding that about every 2nd download fails. When I want to download software, files, etc., I now have to exit ForceField and use a 3rd part download manager, "Free Download Manager". This means that I am not protected by ForceField during this time.

I do not have this download failure problem with the alternate download manager.

Either ForceField needs to improve & upgrade its download manager, or allow 3rd party download managers access.

As a minimum it needs further capability, e.g. resume function, so that failed downloads can be resumed from the time of failure, and not from the beginning all over again.

Until this aspect is improved I am frustrated and disappointed in ForceFields performance.

Simon

Operating System:Windows XP Pro

limitedheadroom Guest

Default Re: Downloads failing - I have to exit ForceField and use a 3rd party download manager.

I agre. Force Field REALLY needs to let third party download managers access downloads. I work with large audio files all the time and send and recieve them from clients via the internet. I can't afford the lost time from not bieng able to use a download manager that allows faster downloads and protection against broken downloads.

Sort it out quickly please!!

daveff Guest

Default Re: Downloads failing - I have to exit ForceField and use a 3rd party download manager.

I too am having some downloads fail. Hopefully fixes come out soon.

arnoud Guest

My downloads simply all 'disappear' for more then a week now, didn't understand, took me hours and hours to try to find them anywhere (I have a lot of int. & ext. hard drive cap., so it takes a while, using DAP 8.5 Premium as my default downl. man., with config set on 'remember last folder used'..!!).
    Now I finally found out that FF causes the problems.

Don't like this very much... ;-(
    Please fix a.s.a.p....

arnoud

Thread Information