Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the printscreen function supposed to not work when ZA FF is on?

riceorony Guest

Default Is the printscreen function supposed to not work when ZA FF is on?

I tried to test the program out before entering my license key and am still able to printscreen and paste to microsoft paint

I thought it is supposed to block all screen capture during private browsing and even when not browsing.

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Product Name:Other ZoneAlarm Product

Default Re: Is the printscreen function supposed to not work when ZA FF is on?

Hi!please report to ZA technical supportwww.zonealarm.com/tsform or if you use a beta version, report to:http://www.zonealarm.com/betafeedback.... and remember that ZAFF is designed to jam keylogger/screen grabbers only within IE and Firefox and not anywhere else.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 07-05-2008 11:39 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

riceorony Guest

dear fax,

email sent.

So is it supposed to jam the printscreen function? or malware that maliciously uses it?

I tested something else, you know how vista uses UAC (user account control) as a security feature?

If the browser (IE or firefox) is closed, then UAC activation produces the grey/opaque background (normal)

Now if the browser is simply opened, then UAC activation produces a totally black background/screen behind the selection box.

I'm assuming the program is functioning properly then?

Hi!I am sorry but I don't understand what your are actually trying to say.If it is a Microsoft VISTA issue then you may try at their discussion forum.Cheers,Fax

riceorony Guest

No no, ok.
    Let me try to walk you through it and then you give me your expert opinion.
    Is Forcefield supposed to jam/block ALL screen capture techniques (both malicious and non-malicious)?
    Or only the bad ones?
    The reason I asked was because I wanted to know whether (when a browser is open) you're able to hit the Prnt Scrn button on the computer and paste the image to Windows Paint and see everything as normal.
    Or is the browser supposed to be blacked out?
    Or is the whole screen supposed to be blacked out?
    What I was talking about earlier is that Windows Vista's new security feature is the User Account Control (UAC) that prompts you with a box asking whether you want to allow or deny the loading of programs.
    I performed a little cool test and found that with Forcefield loaded and any browser open (IE or firefox), when ever you load a program and the UAC prompts you to allow or deny the program, the background (everything) goes black except for the little prompt box that tells you which program is trying to load and whether you want to continue or cancel it.
    Under normal surcumstances (either without Forcefield installed, or the FF protected browser isn't loaded), when the UAC prompt pops-up, the background is normally opaque behind he prompt box like so:

So basically, my question is this, is my previous occurance proof that the program is functioning properly to block screen-capture?
    Whereby the whole background is black when the UAC prompt box loads with forcefield loaded and a browser open.
    Or is it malfunctioning because maybe it is supposed to also block you from using the PrntScrn button next to the NumLk key on the keyboard?

Hi!interesting, did not known that different behaviour of the system with FF and without FF (opaque, black).I am not sure this is intended (security features). Probably is?ZAFF blocks generally all screen capture techniques. However it seems it can distinguish from a human call of 'print screen' from a software call of 'printscreen'.You can test it with AKLT testand use the two print screen tests.(http://www.firewallleaktester.com/aklt.htm). The results will be a total white or atotal blackscreen.If you try to use the VISTA snipping tool, the result will be grey page. So color is not really an indicator.... For the rest, the exact way ZAFF works can only be known by the developers and for sure they are not going to tell us... Cheers,Fax

riceorony Guest

I guess you're sooo right -_-

Well anyways, I'm assuming as long as you see the Forcefield toolbar atop of your browser, then you're protected?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>riceorony wrote:
    Well anyways, I'm assuming as long as you see the Forcefield toolbar atop of your browser, then you're protected?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>As far as the keylogging option is ticked in the advanced settings... yes.Cheers,Fax

garylin Guest

I have prob too.. with ATI hydravision/magnifyFX.
    screen grab/print; see other thread.
    Suggest that support doc's issue and advises of &quot;fix&quot;?!

Hi!
    if you completely disable the anti-keylogging function does it work?
    if not, report to ZA technical support: www.zonealarm.com/tsform

Cheers,
    Fax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information