Thread: After clearing virtual data, subsequent browsers are unprotected until reboot

riceorony Guest

Default After clearing virtual data, subsequent browsers are unprotected until reboot

After clearing virtual data (any open browsers are obviously closed to perform the function), any subsequent browser open (whether it be IE7 or firefox 2.0) has lost both the "halo glow" and the forcefield toolbar. The only way to restore it is to reboot the computer and all works well until the virtual data is cleared again.

Any ideas?

Default Re: After clearing virtual data, subsequent browsers are unprotected until reboot

Hi!depending on how much virtual data is stored it may take a long time before ZAFF works again...This is what at least I have seen here...Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

riceorony Guest

Default Re: After clearing virtual data, subsequent browsers are unprotected until reboot

Thanks for the clarification fax!

Normally is it necessary to ever clear out the virtualization data (like when you would clear out the temporary internet data via IE7 or firefox to make more disc-space room, improve functionality, etc.?)

Hi!from time to time is useful.... if you see your browser slowor you know you have been to dangerous sites.But remember that bookmarks, add-on added in protected mode will also be wiped out.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

riceorony Guest

thanks fax!

you were totally correct. After clearing virtual data, you kind of have to give it time to clear (it's not instantaneous). So pretty much my problem was due to me trying to open a browser 1 second after clicking the "clear virtualized data" button. If I left some-time between clearing and opening a new browser, then there were no problems.

what does your nickname mean anyways?

Cheers!

For what it is worth I do not
    think that bookmarks/favorites are lost when virtual data is cleared out.
    Bookmarks/favorites would only be lost if ForceField was being used in "Private Browser" mode. If ForceField is used in normal protected mode then
    changes to favorites are stored on real PC and are therefore not lost when virtual data is cleared out.

Thread Information