Thread: Performed AKLT test linked by fax and forcefield works great!

riceorony Guest

Default Performed AKLT test linked by fax and forcefield works great!

you can totally see the difference between typing in your browser and when typing into your instant message boxes (aim or msn, etc.)

I love forcefield!

Default Re: Performed AKLT test linked by fax and forcefield works great!

Hi!Thanks for the feedback...Indeed a nice tool, but don't forget to have your antivirus/malware tool active.ZAFF is a excellent complement to your system security but not a subsitute to current AV/AS realtime scanners.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

riceorony Guest

I agree fax, but you should know me by now

I'm the little nut that has a ton of on-demand antispyware scanners with ZAISS haha

Oh, yes... too many indeed! Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Would be interested in results of your AKLT tests - would you share outcomes??
    One other bit of free software you may be interested in is KeyScrambler (http://qfxsoftware.com/index.html) - Personal version which just protects browser is free. I am still doing my homework to decide whether it adds value to keylogging protection already within ForceField - I did ask ZA Technical Support whether it would add to protection but they were of no help.
    Have you (or any one else) come across KeyScrambler?? Any views would be much appreciated.

riceorony Guest

dogdog,

actually I cant say I have heard of any of my friends or forum members using Keyscrambler. I do know of some individuals who use TrendMicro's free Transaction Gaurd though and apparently there might be some conflict with it (but that was months ago and could be resolved today).

Now the AntiKeyloggerTest that fax had linked, tests your computer for the 7 known (or most common) types of keyloggers and 2 screen capture techniques.

After downloading the program you will see a screen that will record your typings (if it can capture them), as well as be able to manually select (via mouse clicking) which type of keylogging test you want to try out.

With forcefield loaded in normal protective mode, you can type anything into your search bars, do online banking, etc. and the keylogging program is jammed (basically nothing is detected in the screen).

However, as soon as you type somewhere else, like in Microsoft Word, MSN/YAHOO chats, etc. that are not protected by forcefield, all 7 keylogging approaches will record your typings in the program screen.

I tried this for all 7 and went back and forth between browser and notepad/msn and could visually see the difference. I also used the 2 screen capture techniques and all that came up was a big black box.

You can likewise (if you have windows vista) use the Vista snipping tool and as soon as you try to crop a portion of your screen, a grey cover comes up and what you actually crop out will be a black rectangle.

Hope this review helps, as for me I do feel secure with browser transactions. Now if keyscrambler is able to prevent keylogging attempts for everything (including document typing, chatting, etc.) then you might have to test it out yourself if there is a trial version and formulate your own opinion about what is best for you.

For many, I assume the security in online banking/shopping/emails is enough for them (browser protection).

Have a great week!

Cheers

Message Edited by riceorony on 07-10-2008 05:46 PM

Thread Information