Thread: user configurability FF

arnoud Guest

Default user configurability FF

I think FF should be much more user configurable.
    I understand that there is a trade-off between being user friendly, complexity and flexibility, but as far as I am concerned, I am a longtime user of Zonealarm IS, and am a bit disappointed by FF as it works at the moment (most recent version: 1.0.331).

It causes quite some bugs and expecially unpredictable behavior of some programs (Stardock Central; www.stardock.com/www.wincustomize.com), it causes IE 7 to malfunction at my pc, and the same applies to Firefox 3.01, happen it doesn't have a ON/OFF switching feature, it causes downloads to simply disappear, an/or bypassed the (Standard) download manager.

All things considered, I think it is a good initiative/idea, but needs a lot of work-up still to accomplish.

I even wonder if it is fair to ask people to pay a price for a product that in fact appears to hasn't outgrow the beta-stadium yet.

arnoud

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

sensory Guest

Default Re: user configurability FF

I agree, which is why I decided not buy after my trial expired. For me it proved too much of a nuisance with various problems. If it simply worked without hassle, I'd easily purchase.

Thread Information