Thread: Forcefield disables all video viewing

xaaralia Guest

Default Forcefield disables all video viewing

I recently purchased the following ZoneAlarm products:

Product
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ZA ForceField
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite 3 User
    Steganos Password Manager
    PC Tune-Up

Your "Forcefield" product completely destroyed my ability to view video on YouTube. It turns out that Forcefield completely destroyed my ability to view videos on any site within my browser. When I tried to get "support" for the product, the only type of support that is available is a "knowledge base" with no knowledge of the problem at all; or community forums where I found only one post from another user regarding this problem...and that post had been unanswered; FWIW, that person stated that they had to open an "unprotected" browser window to view YouTube videos. Well, that worked for me, too...once. Thereafter, I could not view any YouTube video in any browser, unprotected or not. Uninstalling Forcefield did not correct the problem.

The only other "support" available was to call a telephone # and be charged by the minute in order to get help for a product that had destroyed my video browsing ability from the moment I installed it. The pay-by-minute telephone support really **bleep**es me off! It is the kind of support that is offered by Make-A-Fee. At this time, I am looking at a complete, clean re-install of my operating system to undo the damage caused by "Forcefield". Thank goodness I only had a 1-PC license for Forcefield and my other computers are untouched by your Malware. So, I am compiling a video detailing the problem and I will post it to YouTube and other video sites so that I might warn other unsuspecting potential users about the dangers of installing "Forcefield" on their computers.

Just think, this could have been avoided if there were some form of REAL customer support available for your products. I
    was a ZoneAlarm customer many years ago and your support was not like this. I don't know what genius came up with the idea for your current support paradigm, but you should fire that person, and find some real people who can talk on a phone without charging your customers for the misery you products have created. Or, at the
    very least, institute a viable email support structure where a customer can open up a support issue, receive a validating
    support confirmation number, and...perhaps...get some actual help with a problem!!!

I can find no other way of addressing this grievance with ZoneLabs regarding Forcefield, I tried to find a private email address whereby I could address this issue...there is no such address available. So, I am posting this here! You can delete this post if you want, but you won't be able to stop me from airing my grievances on video sites all across the Internet.

Regards,
    xaaralia

Operating System:Windows XP Pro

auditt Guest

Default Re: Forcefield disables all video viewing

Me too!
    It happens with IE.
    It tells me that either I have java script turned off or an old version of flash player.
    Now: flash player is the latest one, java scripts are turned on in Internet Options Protection.

But finally I found how to do it.
    In n unprotected browser.
    check that in Internet Options the protection level is set to medium-high and NOT to high and verify setting of java applets.

For protected browser: go to Internet Options Protection Places with restrictions (or something similar... I am on a different language...) and allow Java applets (or better ask confirmation)

Then - at least for me - it works.

Message Edited by AudiTT on 08-06-2008 08:14 AM

Message Edited by AudiTT on 08-06-2008 08:33 AM

Default Re: Forcefield disables all video viewing

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>xaaralia wrote:

I can find no other way of addressing this grievance with ZoneLabs regarding Forcefield, I tried to find a private email address whereby I could address this issue...there is no such address available. So, I am posting this here! You can delete this post if you want, but you won't be able to stop me from airing my grievances on video sites all across the Internet.

Regards,
    xaaralia

Operating System:Windows XP Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!you can reach free ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform This forum is not monitored by ZA staff, we are all users here.
    You can get this address if you would have used the 'Instant support' under the ZA support pages.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information