Thread: ForceField pops up error message every ten seconds; can't uninstall because of uninstaller error;

harryboyles Guest

Default ForceField pops up error message every ten seconds; can't uninstall because of uninstaller error;

I downloaded ForceField after I received an email about it being offered for free today only. I installed it and as soon as I ran it, it popped up with a "stability error". I clicked OK to send the minimum error report. About five seconds later, another error popped up. I clicked OK again. Five seconds later, ANOTHER error message popped up. I had to close the program down by using Process Explorer to stop the messages, killing ForceField.exe, ISWMGR.exe as a child of ForceField.exe, ISWSVE.exe and the multitude of ISWMGR.exes running as children of ISWSVE.exe.

I tried to uninstall the program by running the uninstaller from the Start Menu. It came up with an error: "Error launching installer".
    I tried to reinstall the program again. It wouldn't work saying that
    ---------------------------
    NSIS Error
    Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid.
    OK

Now half my programs don't work, either stating vague error messages, or that they can't access the temp folder because of "Access to the temp directory is denied."
    The other computers on my network can't connect to the internet. I tried running System Restore to revert to a restore point before I installed ForceField: that didn't work.

Please, please help me fix my computer which has become a mess as a result of installing your program.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:Other ZoneAlarm Product

cdplayer Guest

Default Re: ForceField pops up error message every ten seconds;

<blockquote><hr>harryboyles wrote:
    I downloaded ForceField after I received an email about it being offered for free today only. I installed it and as soon as I ran it, it popped up with a &quot;stability error&quot;. I clicked OK to send the minimum error report. About five seconds later, another error popped up. I clicked OK again. Five seconds later, ANOTHER error message popped up. I had to close the program down by using Process Explorer to stop the messages, killing ForceField.exe, ISWMGR.exe as a child of ForceField.exe, ISWSVE.exe and the multitude of ISWMGR.exes running as children of ISWSVE.exe.

I tried to uninstall the program by running the uninstaller from the Start Menu. It came up with an error: &quot;Error launching installer&quot;.
    I tried to reinstall the program again. It wouldn't work saying that
    NSIS Error
    Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid.
    OK

Now half my programs don't work, either stating vague error messages, or that they can't access the temp folder because of &quot;Access to the temp directory is denied.&quot;
    The other computers on my network can't connect to the internet. I tried running System Restore to revert to a restore point before I installed ForceField: that didn't work.

Please, please help me fix my computer which has become a mess as a result of installing your program.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name: Other ZoneAlarm Product

<hr></blockquote>
    Hi I am new to using ForceField as well. After reading what has happen to you I am wondering if you created a restore point before installing the software (ForecField). If so, maybe you can roll back your OS before you installed ForceField.

Just a thought...

harryboyles Guest

On my system at least, System Restore automatically creates restore points every so often. The point I picked was just a few hours before I installed ForceField.

stevemcgwr Guest

I installed the &quot;free 1 Day&quot; fiasco and can't run any programs in normal modeeven after uninstalling via contol panel remove programs. After trial and error,I can almost run normally in safe mode with network. Forcefield is still in mymsconfig startup box. I disabled it but no go so I assume it is still in the registry .I am not a happy camper. Hopefully, there will be a fix. Any idea where in the registryForcefield will be located. Any other solutions? I assume a reintall and remove won't work.I doubt a restore would work in normal mode because nothing else works. {:} I am using AVGand spysweeper. I was using Yahoo toolbar and messenger which
    I thought was the original problemas I just updated the toolbar. I also had just installed a new updated version of SpySweeper.Also there was a big recent windows xp update.Are there a lot of unhappy people out there or are we just the lucky ones? {:}

Thread Information