Thread: FF/ Windows update

raideron Guest

Default FF/ Windows update

Hi,
    I just iinstalled ForceField... I thought all was working good, but late last nite I triedto check again(after FF install)
    for windows update and I could not connect, themessage I got said that I needed to login as an administrator.. But I am logged assuch??? I exited FF and the update ran fine..As I said I just installed FF so it may be just a setting set wrong
    that I need to readup on.. Was just hoping for a quick solution This is on XP Pro SP3 ZASS 7.0
    ThanksRon

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: FF/ Windows update

Hi!ZAFF does not work with windows update... you need to open a non protected IE window (right click the ZAFF icon near the clock) and run windows update.In betas I have tested ZAFF was automatically detecting you were trying to reach windows update and open a new unprotected IE window automatically.May be this has been removed from the final version?Hope this helps.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

raideron Guest

Thanks Fax..
    I did not know that was an issue and
    it seems the final version may have removed that option.I'll check more the next time I use the XP.. I'm not really sure why I got it, Guess becauseit was free and I had to give it a try in hopes of maybe installing ZA/FF on my Vista.
    Guess it would be the same for the Vista?? If so I guess I'll stick with what I have installed now,that is as long as it keeps running as smooth, trouble free
    and fast as it has been..
    Thanks again
    Ron

Hi!It is just that ZAFF blocks Explorer ActiveX for WU.There is no VISTA update via IE, so its not an issue in VISTA.Nor its an issue in XP if you use automatic updates.To be clear ZAFF does not block windows updates,only the WU website will not load correctly if your have ZAFF active.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

raideron Guest

Thanks Fax..
    I'll check it out later... Going on a short trip now... On the Vista, for now I think I'll stickwith what I have now... It's running too good to change at this time...
    Thanks again for your help... You along with the other guru's do a fine job!!! Great Work!!
    Thank You
    Ron

raideron Guest

Hi All,
    Just wanted to say to Fax..
    It does (Windows update) Work on auto updates...I had an Windows update and it D/L'ed and installed with no problemsBut as you said manuel updates will not work...
    A tid-bit... FF does slow connections a bit... At least on my XP Pro Sp3..But I guess all is working as it should.....
    Thanks again
    Great Job....
    Thank You very much!!!! People helping People..
    You can't beat that!!!!
    Ron

Thread Information