Thread: system slowed down considerably by Forcefield

awhitu Guest

Default system slowed down considerably by Forcefield

Does anyone have the same experience? Surfing time is cut by more than half and my registry cleanup take minutes more to clean up. I also experienced a Windows warning to say that my virtual memory was critcally low and had to shut down! I have 2 gig of ram and I normally use about 730 mb with 1.22 gig to spare.I wrote to helpdesk but after 3 days still no reply.
    Any advice would be appreciated.Bill

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition

Default Re: system slowed down considerably by Forcefield

Hi!nope, not here... better you report directly to ZA technical support: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

raideron Guest

Same as Fax here... No real problems on my XP Pro 768<?> ram266 g Dell.I did notice a slight
    delay to open the broswer, but no real troublesurfing... The only other issues:
    ZASS v8 does not "see" FF anda the windows Manual update.. But by using the FF menu to opena non-protected window works, the same is not true in you use the"FF alert" window to open without FF... Not sure why... Auto updates(Windows updates) work fine....
    HAGD

krnavajo Guest

I have had the same problem--when I installed ForceField today, my Internet browser experience (which is on a DSL connection) slowed to
    dial-up speed. It has
    almost led me to request a refund. Did you get any resolution of your problem?

mdregman Guest

WinXP SP3
    ZAIS 8.04
    ZAFF 1.3
    I just downloaded latest version of FF and after shutdown and restart the processor was working overtime with very slow internet access. I did another complete machine shutdown and restart and is fine now. I never rely on just a "Restart" to take place to clear old code and load new. Sometimes I have shut down a couple times more in some instances, then all is well. Also when doing this I physically disconnect my ethernet cable from router to my machine until Z icon in system tray appears.

Thread Information