Thread: Browser Add Ons

Default Browser Add Ons

I am running Vista Ultimate with ZA Security Suite (v 8.0.020.000) and ZA ForceField (v 1.1.79.0).
    I want to install Add-ons to my Browser (Internet Explorer v 7). Do I need to do anything special (eg close down ForceField) before installing the Browser Add-ons??
    The 2 Add-Ons I particularly want to install are:
    1) KeyScrambler (http://qfxsoftware.com/2) Web of Trust (http://www.mywot.com/) - which I know is somewhat duplicative of ZAFF's own web site reviews.
    Are there any known conflicts between ZAFF and IE v7 Add-ons??
    Many thanks

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Browser Add Ons

Make all installation/ upgrades of browser add-ons with FF turned-off - yes. Install on normal/ regular windows.<hr>dogdog, you have asked about adding another key scrambler before, and as Fax has mentioned it is redundant and most likely not needed and may interfere/ conflict if running simultaneously. ZA OS firewall's has some 'anti-keylogging' capabilities, ZA's Program Control, ForceField in 'Private Browser'= nothing gets recorded or can 'nothing' be recorded to.<hr>From your ForceField &quot;Help&quot;/ User Guide...

Some Web sites and Web downloads silently put programs on your computer that record what you type or take pictures of your screen for theft purposes. Some make changes to your computer registry files, and some just download uninvited junk that takes up space.<a target="_blank"></a>

ForceField blocks the stealth actions by blocking the following:<div class="pSmartList1"><ul><a target="_blank"></a>[/list]<div class="pSmartList1">[*]Keyloggers: ForceField blocks keyloggers by turning off the system calls that make keylogging possible. Keyloggers are silent programs that record your keyboard input, and have been used to steal data. Note that keyloggers are sometimes employed for useful tools like language translation or volume control at Web sites. For this reason, if you prefer to have keyloggers blocked only when you are completing a secure &quot;https&quot; Web transaction, such as at a secure banking or shopping site, you can set this in the Settings panel. See ForceField Settings Panel.<hr>1) - If you insistent and want to try your 'new' key scrambler - I would suggest - turning off the 'key logger' protection from FF; and if you dare, you may try both together &gt; any problems that may arise - well it's yours to deal with. If it works, you can post back your results.<hr><hr>2) - if the WOT 'anti-phishing/ toolbar/ web site checker' is anything like McAfee SiteAdvisor or IE 7's phishing filter - then it should be able to work. Again remember to install with FF off. I have McAfee SiteAdvisor
    and IE7 phishing filter working with FF; although there are some days when IE7 phishing filter really slows down my web pages (on dial-up).<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 9-10-08 - Train In Vain - The Clash<ul>[/list][/list]

Hi!
    IMO.. no use of installing them...
    ZAFF just does the same as the mentioned utility and conflicts may easily arise.

MORE tools one on top of the other does not mean MORE security on the contrary, means more conflicts, troubleshooting and less protection.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Did not understand your message:

IMO?? - what is IMO??
    ZAFF does same as Web of Trust but KeyScrambler does something different from/extra to anti-keylogging in ZAFF. Not sure which utility you were referring to when you said: &quot;ZAFF just does the same as the mentioned utility &quot;??

Hi!

IMO = In my Opinion... those programs do the same job as ZAFF.
    I.e. checking websites and protect from keyloggers.

This is the same for antivirus, the fact that a brand detect a virus that another does not its not a good justification to install multiple AVs on the system . You will never get 100% protection.

If it usually NOT recommended to run multiple software covering the same areas.
    They will just block each others with the end results of providing LESS protection to the end users.
    They may consume memory and slow down browsing.

Up to you to decide if the additional protection by piling up security software its worth the risk of conflicts and malfunctions.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information