Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Task Bar?

bkleo Guest

Default Task Bar?

Ever since I downloaded and installed the latest version, the Force Field task bar is no longer visible.
    It makes me wonder if Force Field is working at all.
    It was fine before the newest version.
    How can I tell if it's working?
    How do I restore the tool bar?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:
    Product Name:Other ZoneAlarm Product

cedrich Guest

Default Re: Task Bar?

I have the same problem-
    Force shows up in my lower right screen bar- I get the opening screen that says it is working but
    there is no toolbar on my comcast web home page or any other site I visit. Runing v 8.020 of ZASS, vestor etc.. and latest version of Force ( I installed & purchased ZASS & Force on 10/4) Win Vista home premium-32 bit
    , 2.4 mHz,
    no other firewall or virus program installed ( even turned off Win firewal). I'm about ready to through the entire works out the door- way too many restarts when programs /websites hangup & I have restet ZASS 3 xs already with no improvemant in performanceAny ideas? Thanks

bkleo Guest

I don't even get a screen that says Zone Alarm is working, although I do have the icon in my taskbar.
    I still would like to know if it's working.
    If not, I'm going to be a little upset considering I've paid for it.
    BKL

naivemelody Guest

Default Missing FF Toolbar ?

Besides the toolbar, when you have a page 'supposedly' opened with ForceField - you should be able to see the white halo effect around the open web page - question do you see the white halo?? (may need to reduce page to see around the edge)<hr>If your using IE7 right click within the top menu bar area (open space) - questions: do you see 'ForceField Toolbar' listed?? Is it checked??<hr>Are you using ZA firewalls? Please list: firewall - version #, anti-virus - version #, other anti-spyware software. Are you using FF 1.1.082 and the previous version was ~1.1.079 ?? When you intalled new version FF - did you first un-install old version FF ??<hr>

Right click FF tray bar - is it normal? as before.<hr>Right click FF tray bar, now press &quot;Exist FF&quot;, then go to programs or FF desktop icon to re-start. [whatever browser your using make sure you make adjustments that &quot;enable third party browser extension&quot; &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=545 - and make sure any other browser security software 'not to interfere/ hinder' this browser plug-in (FF)
    to be installed &gt; like Webroot shields (browser), SpywareDoctor (guards), etc. shut them off or lower.<hr>In IE 7 - click 'Tools' &gt; Internet Options &gt; Advanced &gt; see &quot;Browsing&quot; &gt; put green check for
    &quot;Enable Third Party Browser Extensions&quot; you will have to restart pc.<hr>If still not working try a reset database of ZA firewall; if your using ZA firewall - click here &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=51031#M81617<hr>If still not working, I may suggest a re-install of FF, but I would recommend a 'un-install of ForceField' and then a re-install of 1.1.079 for now; unless your using google chrome browser.

- use this to un-install FF - click here &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...;message.id=85

- before re-install of FF- it may be suggested to 'temporarily' lower the
    level of
    other security software - av, as.
    If your using ZA firewalls 8.0 - you may lower 'Program Control' to medium, you may shut off &quot;privacy protection&quot; if you have that.

- once you get it up and running again - and if you experience some issues - you may try some these moves... click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=533<hr>:8}NaiveMelody 10-13-08 - Double Vision - Foreigner

ZoneAlarm ForceField:

Spyware Scanner:

Anti-Phishing Database:

Spyware Sites Database:

ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware version:7.0.483.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.483.000
    Driver version:7.0.483.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200810.4765

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition SP3
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 11-10-2008 05:48 PM

cedrich Guest

Hope this info helps, sort of see the halo effect you mentioned- checked the IE top menu area- FF is not checked but listed in lighter print. Using only ZASS v8.0.02, TV v8.0.02., Driver v8.0.02, Antivirus v6.0268, Spyware v5.0.202, Spam v5.0.61, and FF is v1.1.82.
    This is my first purchase/install of FF &amp; ZASS. Win Vista Home Prem 32-bit SP1.I have reset ZASS firewall now 4xs. I do not have a desktop icons for any ZA products just a folder that I put the original downloads in. I was unable to download FF form my account page and when I chatted with cust serv they sent a link to download FF again- it wouldn't download. How would I download another copy of FF?Thanks
    again

cedrich Guest

bkleo Guest

Have never seen a white halo.2.
    FF Toolbar is listed &amp; checked.3.
    Not using ZA firewall4.
    Tray bar appears normal5.
    Enable third party browser extensions is checked.6.
    Have already tried a restart but will try again.
    Thanks for all of the suggestions.
    Barbara

bkleo Guest

Ok.
    Have now tried all of your suggestions except uninstalling FF and reinstalling.
    I'm afraid I won't be able to reinstall it!
    This was a download and I don't have a CD.

Barbara

naivemelody Guest

Under the assumption you have a 'paid' license key, the license key is the 'critical' item &gt; which allows you to un-install or re-install as many times as needed; plus upgrade versions within one year. In your other post you said you've never seen the 'white halo' = around the perimeter edge of each FF protected web page - you will see a 'white-ish tinge' along the edges ( may need to 'minimize' page to
    see the edges)
    - this is after you have right clicked FF tray icon &gt; click &quot;Open Browser&quot; or &quot;Open Protected Browser&quot; - following me, so far.<hr>If you have never seen the white halo around edge, then you never had FF properly installed. The FF toolbar and the white halo are 'the normal operating' function.<hr>You will need to un-install the incomplete/ corrupted
    FF install
    that you now have on your pc. The un-install instructions and the re-install links are given in my first post. Again, the license key, write it down carefully and re-insert after you have re-download FF ( the CD is not an issue and not needed); it would be advisable to 'temporarily' lower or disable most of your other security software while re-installing FF. [you still have not listed name of your firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware { it helps us to know, so we may find any software conflicts; although there should be none} ]
    <hr>

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 10-15-2008 06:15 PM

naivemelody Guest

cedrich, you have the halo, your FF is working, the toolbar is listed, but not highlighted or checked. Can you click it on? Tools &gt; Toolbars and Manage Add-Ons
    &gt; can you you click it on? I dont' have Vista, just XP so things may be working a bit different.<hr><hr>If you want to try to re-install FF &gt;
    you will need to un-install and re-install. At least I know you have a key and your pc set-up, thanks for your cooperation. Follow same basic principles as explained in previous posts. In my
    first post, there is a link within un-install instruction for the - install link - read it, it's all there. In your ZA firewall, it would be good to &quot;temporarily&quot;lower 'program control' to &quot;medium&quot; and shut off 'privacy protection' just prior to FF re-install.<hr>I know in XP, if you click the 'start' button - lower left, there is an &quot;all programs&quot; page that you can start any and all programs; you can start FF from there. For me I have created a 'desk-top' icon for FF that I use; and I also have FF listed in the small &quot;start menu&quot; box - you have Vista - they may have equivalents.<hr>In XP when I go to 'all programs' find FF, &gt; pass cursor over FF program file &gt; to the right till I'll see 'start FF' then right click it &gt;
    I get option to&quot;create shortcut= desktop icon&quot; and you can do this with any program/ software. In Vista , many of these items are moved around or renamed, but still is accessable - someway.<hr>

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 10-15-2008 06:17 PM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information