Thread: Forcefield and Google Chrome?

Hybrid View

missmaster Guest

Default Forcefield and Google Chrome?

Hi guys,

I'm new here and I did have a look for a similar post before creating this one but I couldn't find anything.

Forgive me if my question has already been answered.

Does Forcefield work with Google Chrome?

I've got the 'halo' effect working on IE and Firefox but I can't seem to get it working for Google Chrome.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Forcefield and Google Chrome Browser?

Next time please list the # version of your ForceField.<hr>The latest version of FF 1.1.082
    should work with Chrome.

<a target="_blank"></a>New and improved features in ZoneAlarm ForceField version 1.1.082.000<ul>[*]Fixed compatability issue with Google Chrome web browser.<hr>Click here for more info and downloading &gt; http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html<hr>If you do not have the latest version, I would recommend an un-install of your current version - click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...;message.id=85
    and then a re-install - use the first link above 'release history.'<hr><hr>If you do have the latest version, make sure you &quot;enable/ allow for third party browser extension&quot; and any similar wordings &gt; in chrome's security settings, toolbar area, menu area. Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=620
    You can read thru the thread for more info/ ideas. I know in IE7 there
    are menu options to allow for &quot;new toolbars, new plug-ins, new add-on's, new BHO's&quot; make sure you check thru chrome's settings.<hr>When you say &quot;I've got the 'halo' effect working on IE and Firefox but I can't seem to get it working for Google Chrome.&quot;...[*]Question - does this mean the FF toolbar is there and working, but 'only' the 'halo' is not showing for chrome? Please specify.<hr>[*]

My settings
    { sidenotes for other FF users, if you have this version, there is not a 'great need to upgrade, unless you are using Google's Chrome browser - 1.1.79 will still function just as well }[*]

ZoneAlarm ForceField:

Spyware Scanner:

Anti-Phishing Database:

Spyware Sites Database:
    03.335 <hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 10-27-08 - Kodachrome - Paul Simon

[/list]

missmaster Guest

Hi Naive Melody,

Thanks for responding to my question. Sorry for not providing more detail before.

Ok I've uninstalled the old (1.1.79) version of FF and re-installed the new version as you mentioned.

When I said before that I couldn't get the 'halo' effect in Chrome, I meant I couldn't get anything related to FF working within Chrome.

I've had a look for the security settings you mentioned but I can't seem to find anywhere that would allow me to change 'third party browser extensions' within Chrome.

I guess I'll poke about with it until I can get it to work.

Thanks for all your help though!

punnya Guest

did you ever figure it out???
    i'm having the same problems

Thread Information