Thread: No Forcefield toolbar installed on IE 6.0, SP3, Win XP pro with new purchase of FF ver 1.1.79.0

nepsesh Guest

Default No Forcefield toolbar installed on IE 6.0, SP3, Win XP pro with new purchase of FF ver 1.1.79.0

FF installed ok with purchased Reg No, seems to work ok so far, & there's the brushed white frame around the 'protected' browser screen. But not the expected quick toolbar of 3 blue buttons. Is this me expecting something that is'nt there, IE ver 6.0, SP3, or, heaven forfend, ZAFF? (No way to try a reinstall as I only had one shot, but perhaps I've missed a tick box somewhere).

Appreciate any help.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:Other ZoneAlarm Product

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: No Forcefield toolbar - need to Enable Third Party Browser Extensions

Click here > http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...id=115378#M620
    - please read thru the many posts here, there are different views, info, and solutions discussed.<hr>Check the toolbar area to see if FF toolbar is listed (tools &gt; toolbars &amp; &gt; manage
    Add-ons), is checked or enabled in 'manage add-ons'. Browser extensions - should be checked - on.&gt; In IE 6/ 7 - click 'Tools' &gt; Internet Options &gt; Advanced &gt; see &quot;Browsing&quot; &gt; put green check for
    &quot;Enable Third Party Browser Extensions&quot; you will have to restart pc.<hr>
    Please list your security set-up - firewall, anti-virus and all anti-spyware - there are some anti-spyware that have web browser shields/ guards - real time protection that 'may' have restricted proper install or display of FF toolbar.<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 11-9-08 - Vertigo - U2

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 11-16-2008 12:21 AM

nepsesh Guest

Default Re: No Forcefield toolbar installed on IE 6.0, SP3, Win XP pro with new purchase of FF ver 1.1.79.0

Dear NaiveMelody, thanks so much for your reply. as you suggested, IE6 --&gt;Tools --&gt;Manage -Plugins showed a list of things, including two enabled entries for ZAFF. So it acknowledges it's there &amp; thinks it's enabled. If there
    was something wrong with the first (&amp; only) installation from ZA, I'm not sure I can do much about it, but as ZAFF otherwise seems to work, I can live with no toolbar if necessary. While I do have an Acronis image of the system immediately after installation - &amp; pre-tampering, (it works, I've already restored from it for other software reasons) -
    I really don't want to risk corrupting the system by excessive messing at the reinstallation level, even supposing I'm allowed.

Other spyware programs?

ZoneAlarm free version, with pop-up blocker on, (off on IE6 to prevent clash)

Webroot Antivirus with Antispyware, one year paid for, ver 5.8.1.55. It
    actively
    looks for 'behavoural anomalays' as well as being a runnable scanner.
    Neither it or ZA offered any visible resistance to the ZAFF installation apart from ZA's usual asking for permission to accept for the new software/site, allowed of course.
    Thanks again,
    Mike.

nepsesh Guest

Default Re: No Forcefield toolbar installed on IE 6.0, SP3, Win XP pro with new purchase of FF ver 1.1.79.0

Dear NaiveMelody, With your help in the right direction I have solved my own problem with the ZAFF toolbar not displaying on IE6.0.

The solution is as follows:
    In IE6,

--&gt;Tools --&gt;Internet Options --&gt;Advanced tab.

On the list presented, tick the box in about the 13th item 'Enable third party browser extensions', then reboot.
    Lo, the ZAFF toolbar now appears. Magic!

Once again, what an excellent &amp; friendly site you are, glad to be a member.

Regards, Mike.

:8}

Thread Information