Thread: Should I be save with FF?

lazinski Guest

Default Should I be save with FF?

I have this one question.. I'm using BD 2009 antivirus (great software btw) and FF. I have disable BD http trafficscan and antiphishing by improving browsing speed.. And I just wanted to know should I be save with only FF using internet? And does FF block viruses and trojans too? ..it only says spywares..

Default Re: Should I be save with FF?

Hi!

FF will detect/block mainly spyware or some trojan connected with spyware.
    In any case your BD2009 will block malware 'on access' (i.e. when executable are opened).
    So granted BD has relevant signature for malware you are protected + your browser is isolated by FF (in case of problems just clean the FF virtual data).

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Will I be safe with only ForceField?

You ask &quot;And I just wanted to know should I be safe with only FF using internet?&quot; - No, you still need your standard - firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware as the main foundation for your pc security. ForceField provides additional security.<hr>You can right click &gt;
    your FF system tray icon, near clock and click &gt; &quot;Help&quot; = this is your ForceField User Guide. From the Guide...
    Does ForceField protect me from spyware and viruses?<a target="_blank"></a>

In a nutshell: ForceField defends you against the latest ways that spyware and viruses are passed to your PC from the Web, and it detects spyware in downloads, but it does not destroy viruses and spyware. It is intended to be used in conjunction with antispyware-antivirus programs that destroy viruses and spyware.<a target="_blank"></a>

Viruses: ForceField greatly reduces the amount of malicious software that can get onto your computer through Web sites and stealth downloads. But, if a virus does hit your computer, either through email or another route, a traditional antivirus program is needed because ForceField does not remove viruses.<a target="_blank"></a>

Spyware: ForceField should be used with a traditional antispyware program, as it does not destroy spyware. ForceField provides many layers to help you avoid spyware, from spyware scans to spy site detection, and is constantly updated by the latest spy site and spyware signature databases.

...ForceField can stop &quot;zero day&quot; drive-by downloads, which are not yet discovered by antivirus and antispyware databases and have no known solution...

Traditional security products, such as ZoneAlarm firewalls, security suites, antivirus, and antispyware products, are made to fight PC-based threats. ZoneAlarm ForceField is made to fight the latest Web-based threats as they develop. Together, traditional security and ForceField provide two critical layers of protection.<a target="_blank"></a>

In providing complex Web-threat protection, ForceField reduces the dangers that a traditional security suite has to fight, but cannot take its place. And, it uses the latest defenses to detect spysites and prevent downloads of spyware, but if spyware somehow makes its way to your PC, you need a traditional security product eliminate it.

<hr>I myself use ForceField inconjunction with McAfee's SiteAdvisor anti-phishing filter - works seamlessly with no problems what so ever, and I use dial-up; no slow downs.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC 11-19-08 - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) - Sly &amp; The Family Stone

ZoneAlarm ForceField:

Spyware Scanner:

Anti-Phishing Database:

Spyware Sites Database:

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition SP3
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro
    Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version: