Thread: ISWMGR.EXE and ISWLDR.DAT hog processor

diegodad Guest

Default ISWMGR.EXE and ISWLDR.DAT hog processor

Since installing ForceField a couple weeks ago at times I found my computer running very slow. The problem turned out to be ISWMGR.EXE and ISWLDR.DAT, which are ForceField processes. Opening Task Manager showed CPU usage to be a constant 100%, with each of these 2 processes taking 40-50% of CPU usage. Exiting FF stops these processes, and CPU usage drops back to a reasonable level. I can then re-start FF and these processes use little or no CPU. It seems that I get this problem of ISWMGR.EXE and ISWLDR.DAT hogging resources when I visit a secure webiste (bank, credit card account, etc.)

I can live with this problem by exiting FF when I go to a secure site, but that seems to defeat part of the purpose of having FF. Any suggestions on preventing this problem?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:

Default Re: ISWMGR.EXE and ISWLDR.DAT hog processor

Hi!did you tried to clean the virtual data of ForceField and then also the Firefox cache on a unprotected browser?Also try to open FireFox only with the ForceField add-on to see if you have add-on conflicting with ForceField.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

diegodad Guest

Thanx for the suggestion. I just cleared the virtual data, but the problem is still there. I didn't do anything with Firefox because I'm using IE as my browser.
    Note: Once ISWMGR.EXE and ISWLDR.DAT high usage starts, the only way to stop it is to exit ForceField (or re-boot); the condition remains if I just close my browser.

Hi!have your tried to disable all add-on except FF (tools --> manage add-on)?Any better?Are you on the latest FF 1.2.137.000? If not, try to update:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlFinally you can always contact ZA technical support at:www.zonealarm.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

salva Guest

Same problem with the last version.
    Regards
    Salva

diegodad Guest

fax - Thanx so much for your help; the upgrade seems to have fixed my problem; I didn't need to disable other add-ons.
    However, this brings up a couple other issues.

First, I was running version 1.1.079.000. Even though I had it set for auto updates, after getting your message I did a manual update check and got a message that I had the current version. It was only by using the link you sent that I was able to get 1.2.137.000.

Second, I used the link you sent to get to ZA tech support. But I absolutely cannot find any link from ZA home page for free tech support.

Any ideas as to why the update feature didn't work, and why the tech support link (http://www.zonealarm.com/tsform) is esentially hidden?

Message Edited by diegodad on 12-01-2008 03:40 PM

Hi!

auto update is only engaged after sometimes of the release, it is to ensure a smooth upgrade.
    Technical support can be easily found if you use the 'knowledge base' (www.zonealarm.com/support), just click on any link there and it will give the direction to technical support or customer support(live assistance a the end of the any KB page).

Most common issues can be resolved by consulting the KB.

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Information