Thread: Latest ForceField version does not allow use of Ad Blockers

searchlight Guest

Default Latest ForceField version does not allow use of Ad Blockers

Hi All,

I am considering purchasing ZAFF and am testing the latest trial version. Prior to this, I have been using Ad Muncher with Firefox 3.04 and IE 7 without problems.

Now that I am using ZAFF, Ad Muncher no longer works unless I switch to an unprotected browser in ZAFF. I tried applying My Filter in Ad Muncher as another post suggested but this did not work while ZAFF was enabled.

I am also using ZA Pro 8.0.59. I disabled Ad Muncher and enabled the ad blocker in ZA Pro. I set it to medium. When I tried to load my favorite start-up page in Firefox or Internet Explorer, they would not load unless i disabled the ad blocker in ZA Pro.

I then tried using Ad Blocker Plus just in Firefox, and again the start=up page would not load unless I disabled the ad. blocker

To use ZAFF, will I now have to accept ads as a security compromise or is there an Ad Blocking program that works well with ZAFF?

Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:Other ZoneAlarm Product

khrys Guest

Default Re: Latest ForceField version does not allow use of Ad Blockers

Same problem here. I have been using Forcefield with Firefox 3 for about a month. Forcefield just installed a new version this morning, and now Firefox Ad blocker does not work. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

khrys Guest

Default Re: Latest ForceField version does not allow use of Ad Blockers

Mine seems to have been a simple solution. For some reason, the filter subscription in Adblock got removed. When I put that back in, it worked fine.

Thread Information