Thread: Install not showing up in start menu or task bar.

Hybrid View

ericv Guest

Default Install not showing up in start menu or task bar.

Hi,
    I purchased ZAFF and downloaded v 1.1.82.0 and installed. It doesn't show up in the (XP sp2) start menu or the task bar. When I run it from the directory, it appears in the task bar with an "X" through it. When I try to run it, it tells me that the trial has expired. I have no way of entering the license key because it will not run. I have even tried to use the ZAFF key in ZASS but of course that didn't work. I hace downloaded it several times.
    Does anyone have any ideas?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:Other ZoneAlarm Product

Default Re: Install not showing up in start menu or task bar.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ericv Guest

I have dowloaded version: 1.2.137.0, and it tells me it's installed but does not show up in the start menu anywhere, nor on the Taskbar. When I go into the Program Files\Checkpont\ZA ForceField
    directory and run ForcField.exe ZAFF shows up on the taskbar with a big red cross through it. When I right click on the icon, my only options are: License...,
    Help, About & Exit. When I click on License it only comes up with: License Information, Your free tial is over, & OK! No option to enter a license key. When I click on "About" it has ZLN55882098695333-3398 on the bottom.
    I tried downloading a new trial version but it jumped straight to the "Thanks for downoading ForceField" screen for a second and closed the browser altogether. What???Before I started I ran ZASS antivirus & spyware scans, ran SUPERantiSpyware scan, & ran AdAware scan,
    deleted all
    temporary internet files etc. and ran Registry Mechanic, then rebooted, so I had a clean PC.
    Any clues? I would much rather get ForceField
    running than get a refund.
    Thanks.

Hi!did you remove ZA forcefield as suggested? (rmlicense switch)Contact ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

ericv Guest

Hi,
    I can't do that because the checkpoint directory doesn't even show up in the start menu, or even the task bar. The only way I can get ZAFF to show up on the task bar is by going into explorer and running ForceField.exe from there. Then it shows up on the task bar with a big red "X" through it etc. as in my previous post..
    I have run uninstall from the ForceField directory and reinstalled several times, but always the same problem.
    Checkpoint or Forcefield just doesn't show up in the start menue or task bar.
    I have already filled out a form for technical support.
    I
    have been using zone alarm for
    many years
    and I haven't had this kind of problem before.
    What next?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>ericv wrote:
    What next?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I am afraid to say but now you will need to wait for TS to answer.Sorry.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information