Thread: Cannot launch Internet Explorer after installing ForceField

christc Guest

Default Cannot launch Internet Explorer after installing ForceField

Hi,
    I cannot launch Internet Explorer 7 after installing forcefield. I am running XP Pro. ForceField Version 1.2.137.0I have to stop ForceField to be able to launch IE.When IE is launched, and I start ForceField again, I cannot show the ForceField toolbar.FF is basically unusable on my system. How can I fix it?
    Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm ForceField

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Cannot launch Internet Explorer after installing ForceField

Click here &gt; http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs....id=58677#M620 &lt; read thru the posts in this thread.<hr>In IE 7 - click 'Tools' &gt; Internet Options &gt; Advanced &gt; see &quot;Browsing&quot; &gt; put green check for
    &quot;Enable Third Party Browser Extensions&quot; you will have to restart pc.- have you increased the security levels in IE7 beyond the default settings?- please list your pc set-up, all security software, monitors, etc. - the more info the better to narrow out any 'possible' conflicts. ThreatFire, another sandboxie, etc.- did you install ForceField using IE7 or did you use other browser, firefox, chrome, etc.- if you have ZA Pro or ZA Suite - you may experiment with 'privacy' protection to off. Check 'site' list for ForceField - make allowances, remove blocks.-in ZA program control - make sure FF has allowances, no blocks.

christc Guest

&quot;Enable Third Party Browser Extensions&quot; is enabled.
    - have you increased the security levels in IE7 beyond the default settings?I reset it to the default settings.
    - please list your pc set-up, all security software, monitors, etc.
    HP Pavilion ze 5600 laptop running Windows XP Pro.I am running McAfee VirusScan and Webroot Spy Sweeper.I don't have any other ZoneAlarm products.
    - did you install ForceField using IE7 or did you use other browser, firefox, chrome, etc.
    I downloaded ForceField using IE and ran the executable.
    What could prevent ForceField to work properly. Can we get in touch with technical support?
    Thanks in advance.
    Chris

naivemelody Guest

Click here for ZA tech support &gt; https://www.zonealarm.com/store/cont...ch_support.jsp<hr>WebrootSpyweeper has IE Shield, BHO Shield are possible blocks. I have SpySweeper antispyware and temporarily shut off these shields when I installed FF.Other possible block could be from McAfee av.
    If you wish you may try to re-install FF again with Spyweeper shields off and possibly McAfee. If you have McAfee firewall with logs, you may wish to check if the firewall reported any blockages/ denials during the FF install.

christc Guest

I tried everything without success...I even reinstalled XP SP3 without installing Spysweeper, and disabling McAfee Virusscan prior to installing Forcefield, and I still can't launch IE.Has anyone experienced that and know what the imcompatibility might be?My configuration is the following:XP SP3McAfee viruscan.Office 97
    Thanks in advance.
    Christophe

Thread Information