Thread: Any indication of "Private Browser" when using "short" ZA toolbar in IE?

lalittle Guest

Default Any indication of "Private Browser" when using "short" ZA toolbar in IE?

Is there any indication of whether or not you're using a "Private Browser" when you use the "short toolbar" in IE?
    The
    line is blue only when using the large toolbar, so when it's short I can't tell what type of browser is open.
    Thanks,
    Larry

Charles_B Guest

Default Re: Any indication of "Private Browser" when using "short" ZA toolbar in IE?

When in short toolbar in IE, right click on FF and select Open Private Browser.This will bring up another browser with a blue bar and says Private Browser Nothing From This Session Recorded on far right.

lalittle Guest

Default Re: Any indication of "Private Browser" when using "short" ZA toolbar in IE?

<blockquote><hr>Charles_B wrote:
    When in short toolbar in IE, right click on FF and select Open Private Browser.This will bring up another browser with a blue bar and says Private Browser Nothing From This Session Recorded on far right.
    <hr></blockquote>

This isn't how it works on my system.
    If I'm using the short toolbar, the new &quot;Private Browser&quot; that opens ALSO has the short toolbar, which does not display the blue line or the &quot;Private&quot; text.
    Are you saying that on your system, you still get the blue line and &quot;Private&quot; text even with the short toolbar?

It seems like the line should at least still turn blue even with the short toolbar, or one of the icons should change, or....
    Some indication of being in a Private Browser is always helpful, and I think that most people will prefer the short toolbar.

I'm using ZAX version 298.

Thanks again for any feedback on this,

Larry

Charles_B Guest

Sorry,You didn't specify that you were using ZAX version 298 in your original thread.I use standalone ZAFF version 1.2.144.0.That's the way this works on standalone version.

XP SP3
    ZAFF version 1.2.144.0
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.483.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.483.000
    Driver version:7.0.483.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:979016168
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200902.5415
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

lalittle Guest

<blockquote><hr>Charles_B wrote:
    Sorry,You didn't specify that you were using ZAX version 298 in your original thread.I use standalone ZAFF version 1.2.144.0.That's the way this works on standalone version.
    <hr></blockquote>You're right -- sorry about that.
    I should have specified the actual ZA program and version number.
    Are you using the latest version of FF?
    I'm not sure whether or not this classifies as a &quot;bug.&quot;
    It seems like the bar should turn blue even if it's &quot;short,&quot; but I'm not sure if this is even possible.
    If it is not, I would think that one of the icons could at least change to reflect the &quot;Private&quot; status.
    This is important information, and I'm constantly finding myself switching the toolbar from short to large all the time because of the current behavior.
    Thanks,
    Larry

Charles_B Guest

Yes, for standalone ZAFF version 1.2.144.0 is current.As you can see I'm using ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.483.000.So I really can't answer your issue.Maybe ZAX users can give you some input.

Thread Information