Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forcefield update issue

ingramj Guest

Default Forcefield update issue

After accepting the recent Forcefield update I get this MS Message Box:"
    Zonealarm Forcefield has stopped working.Windows can check online..etc......View problem details.
    "
    The problem details:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ISWMGR.exe

Application Version: 1.3.140.0

Application Timestamp: 49afa7fa

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000

Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000460b0

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 8d40

Additional Information 2: 0a83e748a33717799074a38985096231

Additional Information 3: 60b2

Additional Information 4: 13886acb904b7c1e9003c0ed3101944b

Read our privacy statement:

I am using Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Can anyone suggest a cure for
    this issue?

Thanks, Jim

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm ForceField

fountainlj Guest

Default Re: Forcefield update issue

I had the same problem this morning. Did an auto-update to ZoneAlarm ForceField version 1.3.140.000. The app would constantly crash and reload, over and over. Same problem signature as yours. I'm running Vista Home Premium 32bit also.No resolution to the problem on the web site yet. My only solution was to restart in safe mode and do a System Restore to yesterday which effectively rolled the version back to 1.2.144.0. I noted on the site this update was providing support for 64bit Vista, so maybe that is causing a problem on our 32bit systems? Hope this helps short term. Jen

tappitytap Guest

Same problem, since having the auto download. I am running Vista Business 32 bit. version 1.3.140.0

naivemelody Guest

Please try this... uninstall your current old version first before installing new version/ upgrade.<hr>Please make sure that you have the latest version downloaded first - 'save to desktop', but do not install, follow the un-install instructions below on your current 'old' version, restart pc, then click on the 'saved ForceField' installed on your desktop &gt; and install- run. This becomes the new version/ upgrade. Usually the license key will automatically be recalled to the new version. (Helpful Hint: with ForceField upgrades - it may be helpful to un-install the current/ old version first before installing the new version - future reference)<hr>:0

[ latest word: if you have &quot;Google Desktop" -you
    'may' have to un-install Google Desktop in order to install ForceField properly - click here &gt; http://forum.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/...essage.id=1392
    - a number of users have experienced this and have this resolution - as of 3-27-09.]
    and click here &gt; http://forum.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/...essage.id=1397<hr>

Click here to &quot;save to desktop&quot; the New ForceField version (but do not 'Run' or install yet) &gt;
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    &lt;&lt;

Now follow the steps below:

01.) Click on Start -&gt; All Programs -&gt; ZoneAlarm ForceField

02.) Left-click on Uninstall ForceField

03.) Click Uninstall to run the uninstaller, and choose OK or yes to any security alerts that pop up.

04.) Say Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files.

05.) Reboot/ Restart
    when prompted.

06.) After the reboot, reinstall using the file you downloaded earlier.( now run/ install the New ForceField version) (Usually the license key will be automatically recalled)

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 03-28-2009 08:49 PM

fountainlj Guest

Followed instruct exactly. After install of new version 1.3.140.0
    app was it was an
    18 day free trial and asked for license. Entered from saved file, however same problem occurs when ForceField tried to load. I'll try clean install again &amp; update this thread. Did this actually work for you? Jen

ingramj Guest

Re: Please try this... uninstall your current old version first before installing new version/ upgrade.

From NaiveMelodyTried this work around today but still get the same issue:

MS message box advising ZoneAlarm Forcefield has stopped working.

fountainlj Guest

No, sorry. After the third uninstall, clean as possible. Using the

/rmlicense in the command line, cleaning the registry and any folders of leftover ForceField data, installing etc in safe mode, still the update will not work. Any other users with the same problem found a work around or ZoneLabs help??? I just reinstalled my previous version until then.
    No more auto-updates for me. Thanks

Hi!if other users cannot help, you should try via the official ZA technical support.Here: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Post back when you find a solution, it will help other users with your same problem.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ingramj Guest

Thanks Guru.

I have sent the detail to the link you gave.

Jim

ingramj Guest

My submission to ZL Tech Support was not accepted, as I did not correctly enter a valid choice for &quot;Fieldname TrueVector Driver Version&quot; I have looked for this but cannot find it anyone help, please

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information