I know ForceField tends to cause a lot of issues with regards to installing/updating Add-ons, and updating Firefox itself.

Stupidly, I updated Firefox 3.0.6 to 3.0.7 internally within Firefox's Help > Check for Updates feature, and needless to say my user profile got corrupted so I had to revert to an earlier backup. I'm sure the best way to update Firefox would be to close all of its instances so ForceField can back off, and upgrade Firefox using its own full installer. I've never had issues upgrading directly, although I know some prefer to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one.

I have a little trouble with Add-ons however, and it's probably linked with virtualization. I remember trying to update an Add-on internally ('Find Updates'), and no matter how many times I restarted Firefox the Add-on wouldn't update and kept giving the message of having to restart Firefox. I cleared the virtual data and started Firefox again, and it updated.

Clearly virtualization causes a few problems, and I'm wondering what's the best practice for its use.

Operating System:
Windows XP Home Edition
Software Version:
Product Name:
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Message Edited by Sensory on 03-09-2009 06:39 AM