Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firefox - best practices for updating, and installing/updating Add-ons

sensory Guest

Default Re: Firefox - best practices for updating, and installing/updating Add-ons

I did read the manual, and it gives very generic information. It doesn't state that Add-on settings, such as whitelists (or other modified settings), are removed when virtual data is cleared. It took me a while to figure things out for myself, as before I was having seemingly random browser problems despite following the instructions. Crashes will most likely cause profile corruption, so I'll be backing up my Firefox profile regularly.

I guess with my browsing habits, I will have to go through the rather cumbersome process of closing Firefox completely, clearing virtual data, disabling ForceField, applying even the most minor of changes, reactivating ForceField, and opening Firefox again.

Thank you fax, for taking the time to respond to me, even if I didn't seem forthcoming.

Default Re: Firefox - best practices for updating, and installing/updating Add-ons

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Sensory wrote:
    Thank you fax, for taking the time to respond to me, even if I didn't seem forthcoming.
    <HR>You are very welcomed.Cheers,Fax
    </BLOCKQUOTE>

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jrowlandstuart Guest

Can I add to this?

I don't use virtualisation AT ALL, never have, but I cannot update any of my firefox addons, nor change their options, nor install any new addons, whether or not I have Forcefield running or even if I have Zonealarm running!

The ONLY change has been an upgrade from ZA free to ZAES (paid for and registered, not trial)

ZAES is currently on &quot;auto-learn&quot; - could this be the cause?

I'm *this* close to reverting to ZA free and demanding my money back....

Jo

Hi!please do not cue up to other users thread... you will not be noticed.If you need support from other users here, open your own thread.Properly specify what you are running, version and other security tool installed, XP? VISTA? .. etc. Describe the problem in few words and explain what you have done so far.This way the chance that other users can understand your problem is much increased.Thanks,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information