Thread: "Clear Virtual Data" doesn't clear the cache

Hybrid View

ayeright Guest

Default "Clear Virtual Data" doesn't clear the cache

When I Clear Virtual Data then open a browser (mainly use Firefox) and select the Protection Activity button it still shows 624MB in the cache. Any ideas how to clear this completely?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Protection Activity button/ Clear Virtual Data

In 'Protection Activity' - the large number you see is the total
    'accumlative amount of MB's ' ForceField has "processed" = ( ___ MB
    possibly harmful data prevented from reaching your PC) - the large number
    has nothing to do with &quot;clearing the virtual data&quot; or the cache.<hr>The 'Protection Activity' will never be set to zero unless/ until you install a new ForceField or upgrade/ reset
    ZAX - otherwise the large number is just 'trivia' matters. The &quot;Threats stopped&quot; is the more important issue to pay attention to.<hr>Clear Virtual Data: will clear any leftover files that may have been overlooked after initial closure of FF protected web
    browser pages.When you 'clear virtual data' - you may wait until the 'hour glass' ends or 'activity light' on your pc stops running. It is a good idea to 'clear the &quot;virtual data&quot; with a little regularity.

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 05-17-2009 12:27 AM

Charles_B Guest

Default Re: Protection Activity button

NaiveMelody wrote :
    When you 'clear virtual data' - you may wait until the 'activity light' on your pc stops running.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________

When I first configured Clear virtual data, I tick Flush pop-up to not show this message again.

When I click &quot; Clear virtual data &quot; button an hour glass appears.This indicates that its clearing the
    data.When it disappears it has clear all data.Then I click OK .Then load Firefox.I never have to look
    at activity light on my PC.This is stand-alone version 1.2.144.0 .

NaiveMelody, is this not visible in your case.

naivemelody Guest

Charles_B, I've kept the dialogue box and will usually see the 'hourglass /busy' symbol flash near the finish; nevertheless for me watching the 'activity light' on the pc is my 'meter' to watch.

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 03-21-2009 12:38 AM

Charles_B Guest

NaiveMelody wrote :

Charles_B, I've kept the dialogue box and will usually see the 'hourglass /busy' symbol flash near
    the finish; nevertheless for me watching the 'activity light' on the pc is my 'meter' to watch.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Thanks NaiveMelody, The reason I ask is because I have my PC underneath my desk and hard to
    keep tabs on activity light.Every time I load Firefox the presence of ForceField Toolbar is there.

BTW I just install ForceField version 1.3.140.0 .Very smooth install of the Windows 32-bit XP version.
    I always uninstall using /rmlicense switch and then run registry application of CCleaner, then install.Never
    encounter any issues this way.

Have a nice Morning.

ayeright Guest

Default Re: "Clear Virtual Data" doesn't clear the cache

Thanks for the reply. Your reply makes sense however if you hover over the Protection Activity button rather than click it the message says &quot;__MB of data contained&quot; hence the reason I found it confusing. The message your refer to &quot;__MB possibly harmful data prevented from reaching your PC&quot; appears in the dialogue box when you click the Protection Activity button.

Thread Information