Thread: Pogo Games On Line

searcher1 Guest

Default Pogo Games On Line

How strange that I install the super duper ZASS Extreme and it's never easy is it?I occasionally play pogo games on line and have been giving their tech support a hard time because the sound would not work. No matter how much twiddling with different versions of Java, me getting annoyed and just about giving up .... I thought , hey Good 'ol Zone Alarm. I even switched ZA off and still no sound. Then, as if I'd won the lottery I thought, hmm, 'Forcefield' the browser protector, probably the new defender of all and voila switch it off and Pogo games work effortlessly. No matter of configuring what small amount of thing would let the sound work except to totally disable it.So there we have it, an amazing piece of software to protect you but alas not suitable for Java based sound playing games it would seem. I wanted to tell ZA technies about this but it's a nightmare finding/contacting anyone unless you are buying a product.Michael

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: Pogo Games On Line

Hi!you have to try to twick ForceField and test different configuration.First of all, does it work only with virtualization OFF? (Browser security -->settings --> advanced --> UNtick Virtualization)Yes? then clear the virtual data and try againNo? Then try to turn OFF the antikeylogging (Browser security -->settings --> advanced --> UNtick 'Block programs that secretely...')You may need to reboot to changes to take effect. Always remember: install browser updates and add-onalways in a 'unprotected browser', otherwise if you clean the virtual datayouwill wipe out everything.By the way, here sound works perfectly fine on POGO games.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

searcher1 Guest

Well this might be so however ....
    Zone Alarm (paid for) is commercial software. Things like Pogo Games online are played by many and I'm sure to the detrement of ZL and EA Games, many do actually use ZA - so why are these facts not made clear? With respect my sounds do work now BUT it took hours of frustration and (I think) I know what i'm doing. I can recall problems with AOL (in the dim and distant past) and the concesus seems to be, 'let's sell it
    and answer (of a fashion) problem that arise, as they happen'. Not exactly what I call positive in any shape or form.
    As an afterthought why did you not post here originally rather than let someone like me struggle and almost give up, and then give this reply?
    Michael

Hi!happy to hear your issue is resolved... What was exactly the issue then?Cheers,Fax

searcher1 Guest

I look in total dismay at your question!Truly amazing!?Michael

Hi!I am not sure I follow your post.We are all users here trying to help each other, there is no ZA staff. If a problem is resolved we would also like to know how, so we can help other users with the same problem. Cheers,Fax

Thread Information