Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dvdrebuilder and forcefield.

samlar Guest

Default dvdrebuilder and forcefield.

I noticed today that my dvdrebuilder would not start on any of my three computers. I reinstalled and reinstalled but it just would not start. The only thing I had done was install zonealarm 8.0.298.000 extreme which has forcefield. Being the computer nut I am I removed zonealarm and then rebuilder would start. I then found that if I just went to services and stopped forcefield iswsvc service from starting then rebuilder will start. What I mean by will not start is that I can click on the shortcut or go to the folder for builder and click on rebuilder.exe and I get nothing unless I stop forcefield iswsvc. Funny thing I can then restart forcefield in services and rebuilder will start everytime until I restart my computer. After restart rebuilder will not start until I stop forcefield iswsvc.. This is the only program that is doing this and it is doing it all three machines running xp pro and zonealarm extreme.

Default Re: dvdrebuilder and forcefield.

Hi!report the conflict to ZA technical support: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

samlar Guest

did that

samlar Guest

They asked me to do a clean install which I had done and had they read they would have seen it is on three computers. I sent them this http://www.jdobbs.com/Pages/DVDRebui...o_download.htm they can download it and see for themselves. The funny thing is I can turn off zone alarm but still the rebuilder.exe will do nothing. I have to go to services and stop the iswsvc to get rebuilder.exe to work.

lalittle Guest

<strike>I looked up the &quot;iswsvc service,&quot; and according to my searches this is a component of Norton Internet Security.
    Based on this, my guess would be that you had Norton installed before, and a remnant of it is interfering with ZAX, which in turn is causing problems for dvdrebuilder.exe.</strike><strike></strike>
    <strike>Norton has a &quot;removal utility&quot; that you could try, but you &quot;may&quot; have to first do a clean uninstall of ZAX, THEN clean out all the old Norton stuff, then reinstall ZAX in order to get a proper, clean installation.
    Security programs are notorious for leaving remnants behind that cause strange issues with other security programs.</strike><strike></strike>
    I apparently mistyped when I did my search and happened to type a similar
    filename that Norton uses.
    As pointed out below, iswsvc is indeed a FF service.
    Sorry about that.
    Larry

Message Edited by lalittle on 03-06-2009 09:44 PM

Charles_B Guest

Larry wrote :

I looked up the &quot;iswsvc service,&quot; and according to my searches this is a component of Norton Internet Security. Based on this, my guess would be that you had Norton installed before, and a remnant of it is interfering with ZAX, which in turn is causing problems for dvdrebuilder.exe.

Norton has a &quot;removal utility&quot; that you could try, but you &quot;may&quot; have to first do a clean uninstall of ZAX, THEN clean out all the old Norton stuff, then reinstall ZAX in order to get a proper, clean installation. Security programs are notorious for leaving remnants behind that cause strange issues with other security programs.

Please let the forum know what happens.

Larry
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

ISWSVC.exe located here :&quot;C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\IswSvc.exe&quot;

Have a problem running the program and need more assistance than the forum can supply...
    www.zonelabs.com/tsform

samlar Guest

iswsvc.exe is a ZoneAlarm ForceField service\r belonging to ZoneAlarm ForceField\r from Check Point Software Technologies\r

per google as stated above it is part of zonealarm forcefield.

I would like someone to download dvdrebuilder pro from above load it restart your computer then hit the shortcut and see what happens. Without a key it will not let you start it but I am willing to bet it will not even allow you to see the window to input your key. I my case I have a key and clicking on the shortcut does nothing unless you stop zonealarm forcefield service Iswsvc.exe

samlar Guest

Went and removed zonealarm suite from a laptop that did not have dvdrebuilder on it using the clean uninstall. I then loaded my zonealarm extreme on the laptop then restarted the computer. I then loaded the dvdrebuilder pro on the laptop and as on the other computers click on the shortcut after installing and nothing. The only way to start dvdrebuilder is stop the ISWsvc.exe service for forcefield. That tells me it is not a bad install of zonealarm or dvdrebuilder but something with forcefield service ISWsvc.exe

I would sure like someone else to go to
    http://www.jdobbs.com/Pages/DVDRebui...o_download.htm

download the program and install it will not work without a key but it will allow you to test and see if the shortcut will work for it. In my case even on the laptop with a new install the shortcut for dvdrebuilder did nothing until I went to services in windows xp and stopped the forcefield ISWsvc.exe. Once I had did this then I got the window for inputing the key.

Message Edited by samlar on 03-06-2009 08:49 PM

lalittle Guest

<blockquote><hr>Charles_B wrote:
    ISWSVC.exe located here :&quot;C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\IswSvc.exe&quot;
    <hr></blockquote>My apologies -- I must have mistyped it when I did my search and I guess I
    happened to type in a filename that Norton uses since I definitely found links that showed the file (as I had typed it) as belonging to Norton.
    Sorry about that -- I'll be much more careful next time (and I'll ammend my post above.)
    Larry

samlar Guest

It is the ISWsvc for forcefield that is causing this I have tried four different computers I am just wandering is having forcefield ISWsvc running will also stop other programs from starting. I after installing zonealarm extreme you click on a shortcut for a programs and it does not start. Try going to windows services and stopping the ISWsvc service and see it that works. So far this is the only program I have had this problem with and have sent it to tech support. Post if you find another program that has this problem with forcefield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information