Thread: Repeated Crashes and Slowing System

sualdam Guest

Default Repeated Crashes and Slowing System

Been using ZAPro for many years, but had to stop when I built a new system with Vista 64-bit and ZAPro wasn't compatible.
    Took part in the beta testing and as a result got a free 1 year licence for ZA Extreme.
    Since install ForceField has crashed several times a day when browsing (IE)
    - which is **bleep**ed annoying. Each time, I allow it to send the error report, so I hope someone is dealing with whatever it is. It shuts down the browser (all open windows) when it happens and there doesn't seem to be any specific pattern - plus, it is perfectly OK on restarting Explorer (or so it seems).
    Extreme also seems to have slowed down my system - it will just hang for several seconds when doing more than one thing (which shouldn't be a problem seeing as it is a Core 2 Quad system with 4GB RAM). To be fair, I have no proof this is Extreme's fault, but it wasn't a problem until I installed it.
    I can see people are having various issues, but is this one a common one? System slowing appears to be, but what about ForceField crashing?

Operating System:Windows Vista 64 bit
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: Repeated Crashes and Slowing System

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Sualdam wrote:
    I can see people are having various issues, but is this one a common one? System slowing appears to be, but what about ForceField crashing?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!sorry, not here... ZA works perfectly and no slowdown even if compared to the lighter ZASS.Given that you have a ZA license you can contact free of charge the ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform ZA staff does not monitor this board.Please post back once you find what was the problem.... you could help opther user in your same situation (if any)Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information