Thread: firefox stability problem

pigeonman Guest

Default firefox stability problem

I am using ZA Extreme security free trial,
    everything was working fine, for 5 days,
    now when I try to open firefox, it
    starts to
    open as usual, then, before any web page info is displayed, it crashes, gives me a zone alarm error report, says
    "zonealarm forcefield detected problem with stability of browser. it will be restarted"
    if
    I hit the "ok" button, mozilla crash report comes up, if
    I hit the restart button on that, the browser trys to restart, just to
    shut down and give me the mozilla crash report
    box again. If I disable forcefield,
    fire fox starts just fine, but without forcefield protection. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ZA extreme security, and Firefox 3.0.8.
    Anyone have
    any ideas?
    Using IE for this , it seams to work fine. Using vista home premium, 64 bit OS

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: firefox stability problem

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>pigeonman wrote:
    I am using ZA Extreme security free trial, everything was working fine, for 5 days,now when I try to open firefox, itstarts toopen as usual, then, before any web page info is displayed, it crashes, gives me a zone alarm error report, says "zonealarm forcefield detected problem with stability of browser. it will be restarted" ifI hit the "ok" button, mozilla crash report comes up, ifI hit the restart button on that, the browser trys to restart, just toshut down and give me the mozilla crash report box again. If I disable forcefield, fire fox starts just fine, but without forcefield protection. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ZA extreme security, and Firefox 3.0.8. Anyone haveany ideas? Using IE for this , it seams to work fine. Using vista home premium, 64 bit OS

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!have you tried to empty the virtual data? This is often the problem....ZA browser security --&gt; Settings --&gt; advanced --&gt; 'Clear virtual data'ALso here below how to install FireFox when is corrupted:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=1108#M1108Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 04-08-2009 07:50 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

pigeonman Guest

FAX,
    Thanks so much, problem solved! Clearing the virtual data did not solve the problem. Uninstalling Firefox , then running Ccleaner, did it.I did not run Ccleaner after the uninstall the first time, and it must have left some things that were giving me the problem. You have helped me many times over the years, from answers you give to others posting on the board, but this time I just could not find anything. So thanks for the time you put in helping. Pigeonman

You're welcome!Glad to hear it worked.Thank you for your nice words and support. Very much appreciated :8}Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 04-08-2009 05:04 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information