Thread: FF not causing errors on MSNBC & CNN - not displaying properly

doubleshort Guest

Default FF not causing errors on MSNBC & CNN - not displaying properly

OK, when I go to MSNBC, the entire center of the webpage is blocked and blank.
    Also, none of the video links on CNN work.
    If I turn off FF, everything works fine.There are no settings in FF in which to approve websites to allow them to run correctly.So, how do we get things to work properly?
    To the ZA folks, clearing the virtual data and rebooting every time this happens is a temporary fix, but not a solution.
    (I did read the Amazon post).

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm ForceField

Default Re: FF not causing errors on MSNBC & CNN - not displaying properly

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>doubleshort wrote:
    To the ZA folks, clearing the virtual data and rebooting every time this happens is a temporary fix, but not a solution. (I did read the Amazon post).

<HR>

</BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!no ZA folks here, only users. Clear the virtual data, no need of rebooting the PC.Also turn OFF completely ZA privacy control (cookies, adblocking, mobile control) if you are running ZA PRO or ZASS.See here below how to properly reset Firefox:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b....id=1108#M1108See here for issue with IE:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=1543Ensure your ZA ForceField is uptodate (we are at version 1.3.153.000)http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlFor the rest contact directly ZA technical support (link in my signature).Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 05-03-2009 11:20 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lalittle Guest

Default Re: FF not causing errors on MSNBC & CNN - not displaying properly

Unfortunately, this won't tell you where the problem is, but I thought it might still help you narrow down the issue a bit.
    I'm not sure if there is a difference between FF standalone and FF in ZA Extreme (which is what I'm using), but I can report that I just tested the two sites you mentioned on two different systems and did not see either of the issues you're having trouble with.
    One system is running ZAX 8.0.298.035 (with FF version 1.3.153), while the other is still running ZAX 8.0.298.000 (with FF 1.3.130.)
    I confirmed that FF and virtualization are both &quot;On&quot; on both systems.
    MSNBC appears to fully load normally (no &quot;blank&quot; spot), and video links on both MSNBC and CNN play fine for me.
    Sorry that I can't be of more help, but at least I can confirm that the issues are not inherent to all versions of FF.
    Larry

Thread Information