Thread: FF removes RSS entries? Blocks updates?

sbsidlov Guest

Default FF removes RSS entries? Blocks updates?

I have ZAExtreme 8.0298.035 with FF 1.3.153.0
    and Firefox 3.0.10
    I don't have either Virtualization or Private Browser turned on.
    WHY did my Moz standard BBC New headlines Vanish?
    There's nothing in the list even readding it doesn't work http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonl...t_page/rss.xml
    Why do other RSS lists, not show all the entries? (My other programs that have the exact same RSS lists, DO show many more items than those in the browser.)
    WHY does FF claim to be blocking 2MB of bad data when I just open it up? Is this my RSS feeds? Is this Checking for Updates from Firefox or addons for it?

I've cleared out the virtualization data (in case it's been corrupted), I've even reloaded the RSS feeds successfully but deleting them is a problem even when FF is turned off.
    DO YOU HAVE TO REBOOT EVERY TIME YOU MAKE A FF CHANGE? e.g. Virtulization or just turning FF on and off?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by sbsidlov on 05-30-2009 07:52 AM

Default Re: FF removes RSS entries? Blocks updates?

Hi!you have to completely to turn OFF ForceField before updating Firefox and/or any add-on otherwise your browser may mulfucntion and changes will only apply to the virtual protected space. The same applies for Internet Explorer.Please see here how to reset your firefox:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=1108
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>sbsidlov wrote:
    WHY does FF claim to be blocking 2MB of bad data <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That number refers to the total amount of data that have been checked for malware.For any further issue please contact ZA technical support directly. Link in my signature.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

sbsidlov Guest

Firefox corrupted? Funny, when I turn of the Forcefield portion, the RSS feeds come back correctly.

Hi!have you tried to reset the profile? The fact that it works with forcefield off does not mean that your FF profile is not corrupted Othewise if you have a valid license you can contact, free of charge, theZA technical support, link in my signature.Of course, you should also try to implement what they will try to suggest you and come back to them with the results.This is to ensure a proper troubleshooting.Thank you.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information