Thread: Problems with latest forcefield update

moggyminder Guest

Default Problems with latest forcefield update

Hi. Has any one had problems with the latest update of forcefield? I updated my software as asked to do and restarted my computer only for my whole system to be sent crashing by forcefield. In order to get things back to normal i have had to start in safe mode and uninstall forcefield. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated as before the update to version 1.3.153.0 i was very happy with the software and it ran quite happily in the background without having any issues with any of my other software. Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:4.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm ForceField

Default Re: Problems with latest forcefield update

Hi!not that I know or for sure not a widespread issue otherwise this board will be flooded... ForceField is running happily here May be a bad upgrade... ensure there is no left over of forcefield in your system (e.g. program files --> checkpoint --> forcefield)Or run the ZA unistall tool that will remove all ZA products on your system:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exeRe-download the installer and re-install.If this fails try to report to ZA support directly and let us know!Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

moggyminder Guest

Hi.
    Thanks for the message.
    Tried the unistaller and it didn't work producing some error message and forcing computer to re-start.
    So manually removed all checkpoint files from computers program files folder and tried a fresh installation of forcefield but still having same issues with causing all my other software and some of microsofts to crash, and also producing and sending many error reports not only back to microsoft but also back to ZA.
    Will try ZA customer help if no-one else has any ideas.
    Thanks.
    Moggyminder.

Hi!most probably it is a conflict with something booting at startup.The troubleshooting is done by booting the PC clean of third party software, install ZAFF and then slowly put back startup items.1.) Click Start -> Run
    2.) Type MSConfig in the run box and click OK
    3.) Once in MSConfig, click the Startup Tab
    4.) Remove the checks from everything 5.) Click the Services Tab
    6.) Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    7.) Now remove checks from everything
    8.) Restart your computerInstall ZAFF and check if you get the same problems. If not, slowly put back things by group of 3-4 per time, starting from services then startup items.
    NOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
    going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the
    General tab.
    It the above fails I have no other suggestion than to contact ZA support. Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-07-2009 12:56 PM

moggyminder Guest

Hi.
    Thanks for the help.
    I've found out it's my **bleep** memory firewall software that is conflicting with forcefield.
    I've tried to install forcefield first and then **bleep** but they don't seem to get on together!
    At the moment i've got forcefield installed and working ok but without the **bleep** software on my system.
    I'll see what ZA support have to say and see if they have heard of any known conflicts between the two.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Problems forcefield update --> Conflict with third party memory firewall

You're welcome! Glad to hear you found the culprit.Do you need that on top of the other security tools you have?Isn't it only for buffer overrun? You shouldalso post at the memory firewall forum in case they know a workaround.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-07-2009 06:22 PM

Thread Information