Thread: ForceField of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security freezes the system

mcrosman Guest

Default ForceField of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security freezes the system

Hi,

I am a software developer that uses Delphi 2009 for Win32.

Problem: The ForceField Browser Security freezes the system when I using Delphi 2009?

Description of the problem:
    ==========================

I have been using ZoneAlarm Internet Security v80.400.020 without any problem (system freezing) concerning all the operations (writing, compiling, and tracing the code, etc.) of Delphi 2009 for Win32.

Then I made the upgrade to ZoneAlarm Extreme Security v80.400.020 (that comes with an integrated ForceField Browser Security).

After that I have noticed that the system freezes when I am debugging the application with Delphi 2009. That is, the system freezes while I am tracing the application code and I try to open the aplication's help file or the application's Open File dialog box (the standard Windows Open Dialog box).

I have noticed that this problem occurs because of ForceField Browser Security. That is, when I disable the Browser Security of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security the system does not freezes so often when I do the operations mentioned above with Delphi 2009.

I have also noticed that when I do a complete uninstall of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security everything works fine and the system does not freeze at all.

Because of that I have reinstalled ZoneAlarm Internet Security v80.400.020 and everything returned to work fine with Delphi 2009.

Is there any configuration of ForceField Browser Security to solve this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: ForceField of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security freezes the system

Hi!you can selectively disable/enable feature in ZA forcefield (ZA browser security --> settings --> advanced) and see if there is any specific option that cause the problem (tipically the antikeylogger).If not, please report directly to ZA technical support: link in my signature.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mcrosman Guest

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I have done the following test:

1. I have disabled the ForceField Browser Security of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security and have let ZoneAlarm Extreme Security running.

2. Then I have restarted the system.

3. After that, when I am using Delphi 2009 to trace the application code and try to open the application's help file or try to open
    the Open File dialog box of File Menu of the application the system freezes.

I think that when the ForceField Browser Security is disabled that the antikeylogger feature and all the other protections of Force Field are also disabled. But I have noticed that even when ForceField is disabled that some services related to ForceField is still running.

Only when I uninstalled ZoneAlarm Extreme Security that the system did not freezed when I was using Delphi 2009.

Thanks,

mcrosman

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>mcrosman wrote:
    Only when I uninstalled ZoneAlarm Extreme Security that the system did not freezed when I was using Delphi 2009.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!please report directly to ZA support.Delphi is not really something you find commonly in home computer... so, it may take time before this is been looked at.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information