Thread: Browsers Not Running Under ForceField

odannny Guest

Default Browsers Not Running Under ForceField

I have been running ForceField since last summer without any major issues, even with an upgrade to firefox beta 3.5. I recently had some problems with ZA Security Suite (using for years) so after reading through the forums I did a clean install, using the removal tool. After the ZA reinstall, I have been having issues with Force Field. It loads to the desktop task bar during start up. However, if Fire Fox or IE is opened, they are not running within FF. A check of each browser finds that FF is checked in the view tool bar options. I can thru FF open a protected browser. However each time I do this it corrupts my FF profile.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm ForceField

Default Re: Browsers Not Running Under ForceField

Hi!first time I heard of this, better to contact ZA technical support directly.Live chat link in my signature.btw, the ZA removal tool should have also removed ZA Forcefield. If not, then you should remove it and reinstall.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-20-2009 02:10 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

odannny Guest

Thanks for the quick response!

I thought the removal tool would remove all, but in my case it did not as it left ForceField. I'll remove and reinstall FField and see what happens.

odannny Guest

Interesting, appears to be a compatibility issue between ZASS and ForceField.

I uninstalled \ reloaded FF. The original reason that I had to remove\install security suite was because at times if I opened the menu, I could not activate any of the items, nor was ZA running\protecting. Read on the forums that this was also happening to a few others. If I shut down FF, prevented it from loading upon boot, ZASS was accessible and ran fine.

After I removed \ installed ZASS this problem went away, but the FF problem began. Now, after the FF remove\install the original issue is back. ZASS at times is not running after boot \ nor is the menu accessible after opening.

Hi!not sure I follow the issue... There are many users here using the combination of ZASS and ZAFF without conflicts so there must be something else in-between. Better you contact support and report in details the issue, I personally doubt they could do something about it. But, you never know!Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-20-2009 06:17 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Charles_B Guest

Never had issues with all builts of ZoneAlarm Security Suite, ZoneAlarm ForceField, or Firefox and IE running together to this date.Like Guru fax stated. you must have other issues.Firefox beta 3.5. I not supported by ZoneAlarm.

XP SP3
    Firefox/3.0.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    ZoneAlarm ForceField ver. 1.3.153.0
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:987006320
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200906.6125
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429

Good Luck
    Have a nice Day

odannny Guest

Hi and Agree Fax,

It is definitely happening, no doubt. Pretty straight connection with ZASS locking up when FF loads and have now seen it twice, not making the connection until the second time. Mozilla is not even entering into the picture with this issue.

Danny

Thread Information