Thread: Re: Browsers Not Running Under ForceField

clarkpowell Guest

Default Re: Browsers Not Running Under ForceField

Product: ZAESS 8.0.298.035
    Preferred Browser: Mozilla FF 3.0.11
    Cable modem - Comcast

Running ZA for years and also Firefox with few problems. But not since the latest release, with the "Fporcefiled" add-on. First I noticed a real latency slow-down. Then Firefox became unstable. Removed themes and disabled add-ons -- problem was not with Firefox -- it it clearly with the interface with ZoneAlarm.

Over at Mozilla everybody is complaining about ZoneAlarm. I had the same issues - Firefox would hang again ang again, fail to shut down, etc. Also I had to do a rebuild on my Firefox bookmarks. They simply disappeared, then would reappear in part. If anybody lost their bookmarks you can get them back - forums at Mozilla can guide you (I simply removed places.sqlite from the profile and Firefox rebuilt bookmarks from saved earlier bookmark (.json) file.

I have shut down Forcefield entirely until this issue gets resolved between you guys and Mozilla. ZoneAlarm is a great product, but this latest upgrade, and Forcefield especially, is crashing my system and slowing internet to a ridiculous degree.

Need protection from your "protection," guys - if not that, a refund! Replicate, if possible, and fix this right away please!

thanks, cp

clarkpowell Guest

My typo - OS is XP SP3

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~3191 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. BZ87510A.15A.0118.P15.0408171127, 08/17/2004

Product: ZAESS 8.0.298.035
    Preferred Browser: Mozilla FF 3.0.11
    Cable modem - Comcast

Hi!please report directly to ZA technical support and follow their troubleshooting. Link in my signature.Here we are only users. Please post back when you find a solution, it will help other users with similar problems.Thanks.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information