Thread: update or no update

imcp Guest

Default update or no update

The current version of FF on my PC, and the one I bought,
    is 1.1.82.0. The latest version of FF according to the ZoneAlarm website is 1.3.153.000.
    Is my automatic update, though that box is marked in my settings,
    not working properly? Even when I do a manual upate check the answer is: "You have the latest version of ZA FF". But I clearly don't.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm ForceField

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: ForceField - to update

Best way to update ForceField is to - un-install your old/ current version and install the new version.<hr>Please make sure that you have the latest version downloaded first - 'save to desktop' but do run the install yet. This becomes the full version when you put your license key into it:

Click here &gt;
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    = for the latest ForceField version.

On your current ForceField - Now follow the steps below:

01.) Click on Start -&gt; All Programs -&gt; ZoneAlarm ForceField -&gt; Uninstall ForceField

02.) Click Uninstall to run the uninstaller, and choose OK or yes to any security alerts that pop up.

03.) Say Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files.

04.) Reboot/ restart
    when prompted.

04.) After the reboot, reinstall using the file you downloaded earlier. Now, click the 'saved to desktop' installer and run/ install.

05.) Enter new license key in appropriate area when prompted. ( Usually the license key will be automatically retained)<hr>&gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...;message.id=85

Make sure you close all other browser windows during un-install and install, if you wish you may &quot;lower&quot; some of the levels of protection on firewall (ZA's program control from 'high' to 'medium' - temporarily), other brand anti-spyware - shut-off some 'real time' protection - guards/ shields/ monitors, etc. as these may hinder proper install.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC - 6-28-09 - Never Can Say Goodbye - Jackson Five

ZoneAlarm ForceField:

Anti-Phishing Database:

Spyware Scanner:

Spyware Sites Database:

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 07-03-2009 12:37 PM

imcp Guest

Default Re: ForceField - update or no update

Following your instructions update completed. Thanks. But will automatic update now do its work?
    Unfortunately I just noticed that my ZA Security Suite seems to have the same shortcoming. My current version is 8.0.298.035 and on the ZA website I see that there is since June 5th the newer version 8.0.400.020. (Automatic updating is on and manual updating gives the reply &quot;System up to date&quotDo you suggest the same bypass? And, more important, do you know if there is any serious problem with ZA's
    automatic updating proces?
    Or could this have any other reason?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>imcp wrote:
    Or could this have any other reason?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>ZASS latest version is not distributed via automatic update, by design.Not sure the reasons. You need to update manually.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Charles_B Guest

Also Make sure CheckPoint is gone from Program Files.If not delete it.Run CCleaner to clean registry before reinstalling ZAFF.

Have a nice Day

imcp Guest

Unfortunately I got your message too late. 'Check Point' file in 'Program Files' is still the old one
    and the
    new FF program is in this file. I also didn't clean the registry. But everything seems to be working allright. Which problem should I have that I wouldn't have had?

Charles_B Guest

imcp wrote :

Unfortunately I got your message too late. 'Check Point' file in 'Program Files' is still the old one and the new FF program is in this file. I also didn't clean the registry. But everything seems to be working allright. Which problem should I have that I wouldn't have had?

Charles_B wrote :

Glad everything working.By doing it this way it assures a clean install.I never have encounter an issue since version
    1.1.079.000 .I never install on top.Always clean.

BTW : This works for me without ever having an issue with any builts of ZAFF.

Uninstall ZAFF from Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs.Make sure CheckPoint
    is gone from Program Files.If not delete it.Run CCleaner to clean registry.Install ZAFF.

Have a nice Day

Message Edited by Charles_B on 06-29-2009 09:07 AM

Thread Information