Thread: Zone Alarm ForceField / Snagit Problem: Resolved

polarity Guest

Default Zone Alarm ForceField / Snagit Problem: Resolved

I had ZoneAlarm's ForceField and Snagit 8.23 installed on my PC computer - an ill-fated combination with problems that most everyone has experienced; including blank screen captures (both black & white). Anyone going through this situation cannot deny ZAFF's ability to effectively prevent screen captures.

I've followed all the various forums counsel, including methods of tweaking ZAFF by selecting 'only in allegedly secure sessions (https)', cleaning the virtual data, rebooting, using previous versions of ZAFF, etc. - the problem remains.

Some users have alleviated their frustrations by simply uninstalling ForceField altogether - a method which seems to allow most Snagit users to regain full functionality of the program.

My situation, I believe, is among the worst in that unlike others, NONE of theses solutions have worked for me - including uninstalling BOTH 'ZAFF -&- Snagit', then reinstalling Snagit alone... no go.

I've even used more than one cleaner after uninstalling ZAFF/Snagit: CCleaner, Tune-Up's Registry Cleaner, SpeedUpMyPC 3 and RegCure under the assumption that there still may be remnants of ZAFF lurking around in my computer somewhere continuing to cause Snagit havoc - still no go.

I truly dread having to do a complete re-install, which i'm sure will alleviate the problem. System Restore is an option that i've used before in attempting to resolve other matters - with less then stellar results (bits and pieces of missing data). Besides, it's been so long since this Snagit problem had surfaced (several months) that I wouldn't even know when to dial up 'Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine' (uh, sorry Bill).

I'm at my wits end with this - frustration doesn't begin to describe my current state. From the moment I started using Snagit, i've come to almost daily depend on it for business matters - it's an invaluable tool. Ctrl/Alt/Prnt Scrn simply doesn't cut it.

I've entitled this post accordingly with the notion and hopes that this particular page will serve as a one-stop solution which will once-and-for-all remedy this forced snag scenario.

If you have any tested and viable solution(s) to share, please... do contribute.
    Last edited by polarity; November 7th, 2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Title...

Thumbs up Re: Zone Alarm ForceField / Snagit Problem: Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by polarity View Post
    I had ZoneAlarm's ForceField and Snagit 8.23 installed on my PC computer - an ill-fated combination with problems that most everyone has experienced; including blank screen captures (both black & white). Anyone going through this situation cannot deny ZAFF's ability to effectively prevent screen captures.

I've followed all the various forums counsel, including methods of tweaking ZAFF by selecting 'only in allegedly secure sessions (https)', cleaning the virtual data, rebooting, using previous versions of ZAFF, etc. - the problem remains.

Some users have alleviated their frustrations by simply uninstalling ForceField altogether - a method which seems to allow most Snagit users to regain full functionality of the program.

My situation, I believe, is among the worst in that unlike others, NONE of theses solutions have worked for me - including uninstalling BOTH 'ZAFF -&- Snagit', then reinstalling Snagit alone... no go.

I've even used more than one cleaner after uninstalling ZAFF/Snagit: CCleaner, Tune-Up's Registry Cleaner, SpeedUpMyPC 3 and RegCure under the assumption that there still may be remnants of ZAFF lurking around in my computer somewhere continuing to cause Snagit havoc - still no go.

I truly dread having to do a complete re-install, which i'm sure will alleviate the problem. System Restore is an option that i've used before in attempting to resolve other matters - with less then stellar results (bits and pieces of missing data). Besides, it's been so long since this Snagit problem had surfaced (several months) that I wouldn't even know when to dial up 'Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine' (uh, sorry Bill).

I'm at my wits end with this - frustration doesn't begin to describe my current state. From the moment I started using Snagit, i've come to almost daily depend on it for business matters - it's an invaluable tool. Ctrl/Alt/Prnt Scrn simply doesn't cut it.

I've entitled this post accordingly with the notion and hopes that this particular page will serve as a one-stop solution which will once-and-for-all remedy this forced snag scenario.

If you have any tested and viable solution(s) to share, please... do contribute.
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details, without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

1.) Is this the Stand-Alone Version of ForceField? or ZA Extreme Security with ZAFF included?

IF ZAFF is part of ZoneAlarm, Have you Looked at ZA Program Control / Program Page and made sure that "Snaget" has Trusted and Internet Access permision?

2.) Look at ZAFF Settings / Advanced and Un-Check " Block Programs that secreatly control your Keystrokes"

Please Post back with your Progress Report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 7th, 2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ab-onguard Guest

Smile Re: Zone Alarm ForceField / Snagit Problem: Resolved

I am able to use SnagIt 9.1.3 by changing my Zonealarm Extreme Security suite 9.1.008's Forcefield's browser security settings/Advanced/uncheck "block programs that secretly record your keystrokes".

Without doing the above, SnagIt would not capture any "profile" settings. I have not had any SnagIt issues since !

Thumbs up [Solved] Zone Alarm ForceField / Snagit Problem: Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by ab-onguard View Post
    I am able to use SnagIt 9.1.3 by changing my Zonealarm Extreme Security suite 9.1.008's Forcefield's browser security settings/Advanced/uncheck "block programs that secretly record your keystrokes".

Without doing the above, SnagIt would not capture any "profile" settings. I have not had any SnagIt issues since !

Thank you for your Feedback..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information