Thread: FF blocking control of Flash player settings, can't close Flash settings pop-up.

lalittle Guest

Default FF blocking control of Flash player settings, can't close Flash settings pop-up.

When using a FF protected IE8 browser, I can open the Flash player settings by right clicking on the movie, but can't access flash player settings, and all control over the movie is locked out.
    In other words,
    I right click in a flash movie (like a YouTube movie), the Flash settings come up, but I can't make any changes, I can't "close" the Flash settings window, and I can't control the video anymore (i.e. pause or change position.)
    I have to refresh the entire window to get the Flash settings to go away and to get control over the video playback back again.
    This does not happen with an "Unprotected" browser.
    I'm using ZAX with the latest FF version (153) and the latest version of Flash (confirmed on the Adobe site.)
    Thanks,
    Larry

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

jurroppi Guest

Default Re: FF blocking control of Flash player settings, can't close Flash settings pop-up.

I'm having the same issue as well as it making any streaming video choppy, especially when first starting.

Default Re: FF blocking control of Flash player settings, can't close Flash settings pop-up.

I have no issues here.Larry, have you tried this.Settings / Advanced and Clear virtual data

Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.32.18 is current.

Have no other suggestions to address your issue.

Have a nice Day

Charles B

XP SP3
    ForceField Version 1.3.153.0 (standalone)
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:996650400
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm PST
    Limited Availability Sat-Sun

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 7th, 2009 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Added Info

Thread Information