Thread: while installing free zone alarm i get an error message please help!

Hybrid View

gristlescraper Guest

Default while installing free zone alarm i get an error message please help!

i get an error message while installing zone alarm please help i just found 3 trojans and need to keep these from going outside this steel box called a computer! one of these trojans deleted zone alarm,avg and ad-aware. i have downloaded these and am now in need of zone alarm immediately. i get an error message saying:
    "Setup is unable to log into the Truevector service. Install cannot continue without logging into the Truevector service.
    Please use the service manager to shut down the Truevector service and then restart the installer service.my question is how do i shut this down using windows xp and install your program."

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:7.0

Default Re: while installing free zone alarm i get an error message please help!

Hi

I would suggest to download the ewido and it's full database. Then start the PC in the safe mode and scan with the ewido (after putting in the database), Ewido is a very effective anti-trojan scanner and remover.

It would be adviseable to get the downloads on a seperate PC and just use a USB or CD to transfer it to your PC.

The ewido may install in the safe mode, but I am unsure about that.

Ewido download>

http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

Ewido full database>

http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/

The ZA will install in the safe mode and in the without any networking safe mode.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

mistress Guest

Default Re: while installing free zone alarm i get an error message please help!

ewwww!
    Ewido Merged with Grisoft
    There goes another good software product. Oh well

Hi Mistress

How are you??
    How have things been??

Actually ewido got completely bought out by grisoft for a princely sum (in cash monies) and the original owners are still on the payroll.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information