Thread: No Identity Protection in 7.1 for Vista?

dbernero Guest

Default No Identity Protection in 7.1 for Vista?

I just installed Protection Suite 7.1.078.000 on my Vista machine and would like to use the Identity Protection feature. The Zone Labs site says to click on the Identity Protection tab on the left in the management console, but there is no such tab. I don't have one for IM security either. This was a feature I enjoyed when I had XP. Where did it go or how can I enable it?

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)

Default Re: No Identity Protection in 7.1 for Vista?

The current version for Vista does have features missing as they concentrated on getting the basics right - like the firewall, anti-virus,anti-spamand anti-spyware.I don't think the IM is coming back but they will add Privacy and ID security in a later release.

dbernero Guest

OK...but why do they advertise that as a feature and charge customers full price.....frustrating. I've been very patient with this product through 2 beta releases for Vista while competitors are already to market, and now the "finished product" (7.1) which is apparently missing features you don't find out about until you buy it.

Hi!ZA staff does not monitor this board, please contact ZA customer support directly: www.zonelabs.com/csform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bloominmarvlous Guest

The ID protection was removed from the 7.1 client, but you still have the option to use it. Just log into your account at zonealarm.com/myaccount and there should be an option for it there.

ladydodge Guest

I agree with dbernero about paying for the Internet Security Suite and not being able to use the Identity Protection, just because it is not upgraded.
    Now my question n to Zone Alarm is, will the customers that have already purchase the Security Suite still be able to get the Identity Protection free?
    Or wIll be charge for by the time the later release come out?

ladydodge Guest

Also, I would like to add that, you still can not get the protection going to zonealarm.com/myaccount.
    All it does is tell you about it.
    You still can't sign up for it

Thread Information