Thread: Need Cookie Control - Can't Stream Audio!

turet Guest

Default Need Cookie Control - Can't Stream Audio!

I HATE THIS!
    One of my main computing activities is streaming talk radio and recording it off the web.
    I need to allow cookies, at least on those occasions and on particular websites in order to logon and get the thing to stream.
    There is no privacy tab

So I'm supposed to run with no protection whatsoever until they get these pieces added to the program?
    YOu've GOT to be kidding!
    Does anyone know if Norton still has a function like this?
    I have it free on a new laptop, think I'll test it.
    Any other workarounds?
    This is ZA Internet Security Suite 7 on a new Vista Home Premium computer.
    Thanks!

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Need Cookie Control - Can't Stream Audio!

Hi!not sure I understand. You need to allow cookies? ZASS 7.1.078.000 for VISTA has no privacy control. So it cannot block cookies.Next release will probably add this back. The first ZA VISTA releasehas focused to get the core of ZA in the right place (firewall).Please note that cookies are harmless files (text based). You can block cookies directly from your browser.See here for more information:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookieCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

turet Guest

I was assuming that ZASS was stuck in the block cookies mode in the absence of any controls.
    Maybe I was wrong.
    Since I posted this I discovered that no one using Vista has been able to stream audio on this website.
    The tech people don't know why, and this is probably the largest radio show streaming website on the Internet.
    I need to allow cookies to logon there, and they have always instructed people to turn off the cookie control in past versions of ZASS.
    I just turned off ZA altogether and also allowed cookies in IE, but that only got me past the logon problem. I can download files there, but can't stream them.
    The bitrate during streaming is much higher than their download version, so I'm not happy about this.
    Thanks for your help.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>turet wrote:
    I just turned off ZA altogether and also allowed cookies in IE, but that only got me past the logon problem. I can download files there, but can't stream them. The bitrate during streaming is much higher than their download version, so I'm not happy about this.Thanks for your help.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Not sure what is the problem, the fact thatit happens even with ZASS off points to some other problems..Have you tried to reset IE to its default settings? (internet options --&gt; advanced --&gt; "reset IE...")Is the site accessible without loggging in? I could try to see if I have the same problem in my VISTA machine.Cheers,Fax

turet Guest

This is a subscription site, so you have to logon to have access.
    I can logon if I turn off cookie
    blocking on IE and turn off ZA just long enough for the logon.
    I've had no luck with the streaming files and I'm just taking the word of the techies there.
    They say they are trying to diagnose the issue with Vista.
    The way the site behaves when it's not loading the streaming link/files is the same as in the past when cookies were the issue, so there must be different security protocols with Vista that are causing the problem.
    Vista is a real pain.
    Just like XP before it, the third party suppliers are having a very hard time.
    They made major changes to how sound is handled in the final few months before release of Vista.

Many games will now only play in stereo rather than 5:1 or 7:1.
    My Soundblaster Audigy card works, although it isn't recognized by the diagnostic software supplied by Creative.
    It is recognized in the device manager and it does produce sound.
    Many of the software applications don't work although thankfully Nero gives me a
    alternative for some of it.
    Nero seems to work like a champ with Vista.
    All my fancy software that came with my Samsung monitor is also dead.
    I can run some of it, but it turns off Aero, so what's the point.
    I'll have to try to calibrate the color via Photoshop, but that may present problems...we'll see.
    Scanners work with new Vista
    drivers but with my Epson now the buttons on the machine won't work.
    Fortunately I never used those anyway.
    I also have a new Canon scanner and haven't installed it yet.

They are telling you to read the website carefully, so perhaps the buttons won't work on that either.
    I'm so tired of this I haven't had the energy to mess with it yet.
    There are some real
    issues with Office 2007, which continually shuts down Word and the other elements.
    After much trial and error someone found
    that the problem is with the &quot;add-ins&quot; like Paperport as they don't integrate properly with Office elements.
    You have to go into
    the registry and delete the offending add-ins.
    Adobe Acrobat Pro seems fine as an add-in.
    Perhaps one of the issues for the Canon scanner will be this add-in feature.
    I've had problems with Canon printer add-ins before, too.
    All of this I've learned in the past week and I have barely taken the new system for a full spin yet.

Thanks again for your comments.

Hi!thank for your message and the details of your hard week...I wish you good luck and I hope you will sort out your problems.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information