Thread: All Vault Info disappeared..Why?

triozoo Guest

Default All Vault Info disappeared..Why?

Been using ZA for 3 years or more now...
    Why did the 20 something items I had in my vault disappear? Now it says no items are being protected.
    What the **bleep** is up with that? Is my personal info safe or not? Why does this happen?
    I have no idea when it happened. Have all ideas I'll be told when ZA updated or something. But why then
    would that info not transfer?? Pain in the butt if I have to keep tabs if my stuff is still in there, and
    if not reenter it all.........if I can remember what all was in there to begin with!
    Someone please explain!
    And advise if my banking/personal/taxes/cr. card info is still safe or not!!!
    Live chat person was useless a week or two ago to answer this. This the first chance I've had to get back
    anywhere to try and get an answer.
    triozoo

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: All Vault Info disappeared..Why?

Hi!probably the update didn't go well and your ZA settings are corrupted.The information stored in the Vault is actually not directly your password or IDs but the corresponding hash values.The data you input is not kept but trasnformed. This way, even if stolen the information simply cannot be used.Remove ZA following this instructions and reinstall:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html(keep note of your license and remember to remove the folders detailed at the end of the document)Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information