Thread: Visited sites aren't being added to the Privacy Site List

borntorun Guest

Default Visited sites aren't being added to the Privacy Site List

I've been running ZoneAlarm Pro for some time on Windows 98SE, but I recently built a new replacement computer,installed Windows XP Pro and movedZoneAlarm over. In both cases, I've run version 6.0.667.On the new computer, everything seems to be working fine -- with the exception of the Privacy Site List. Simply put, when I visit a site on the Internet, an entry for the site isn't addedto the Site List. Which means, if I want to change the cookie handling rules for a site, I have to go to thetrouble of manually creating an entry for the site. Is this the way ZoneAlarm Pro is supposed to work on XP? If not, is there a hidden switch somewhere that would let me turn back on the capability of automatically having sites Ivisit added to the Privacy Site List?I've reinstalled ZoneAlarm twice in anattempt to fix the problem,the most recent time after re-downloading the program fromtheZoneLabs website.But nothing's changed. Has anybody else experienced this problem?Does anybody knowhow I mightresolve it?Thanks in advance!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

muffincharizard Guest

Default Re: Visited sites aren't being added to the Privacy Site List

You are using Internet Explorer right?

borntorun Guest

Yes, I'm using Internet Explorer.However, I've solved the problem since I posted the message. It turned out to be a conflict with Norton Internet Security, which came free withmy new Asus motherboard and Iinstalledfor its Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam modules. Although I had disabled Norton's firewall and other aspects of NIS (Outbreak Alert, Intrusion Detection, etc.), some part of it still wasconflicting with ZoneAlarm's Privacy Site List. When I completely removed NIS, the problem went away. Therefore, so has Norton Internet Security, and I've purchased separate anti-virus and anti-spam products.

zaswing Guest

My alert logs were off by a day, i.e. not current. So I decided, based on several posts here, that perhaps the RDB file(s) is corrupted. I followed instructions to remove those files (actually I renamed them) in safe mode. Now the sites I visit today aren't being added to the list. It's complete ly blank. HELP says that if another AV/AS is running that would be the cause. However, nothing other than ZA is running. I need that site list to be filled so I can change the settings on a site by site basis. Any ideas?

slavinvorlon Guest

Hi Born to run. I have had identical problem as you.New PC I built same mother board as you and running XP pro.I have read your later posting and it seems you have found what I suspected running two firewalls has its drawbacks.I was using the Norton antivirus function and all was well but on reflection since I have activated my Norton fire wall No more sites seem to be added to my privacy list.I presume that Zone labs is running within Nortons Fire wall shell.I wonder if unistalling Norton then reinstalling it ontop of Zone alarm will help ?otherwise I will disable each function within Norton to see if I can still use the other features without nortons fire wall.If anyone has any further information on this matter I would be interested in haering about it.

slavinvorlon Guest

I have now tried various settings within Norton security.It apears that some of the functions within Norton are not running correctly I keep getting script and object error messages when trying to configure N.S.I have not unistalled it Like Born to run I just disabled the fire wall only.This solved the problem that I had with privacuy not adding sitesto its list and everything is now working within Zone A.Pro as it used to on my other PC.I can still run N.S. Antivirus and the other functions within,just have the fire wall disabled.I am still running the windows fire wall and this does not seem to interfere in any way that I can detect with Zone A. Pro.So if you have a simerlar set up as me and borntorun just disable Nortons fire wall.and normal service should be resumed.

Thread Information