Thread: Error trying to Remove sites from Privacy List

villager Guest

Default Error trying to Remove sites from Privacy List

In Zone Alarm Pro ver 6.1.737.000 I can no longer remove certain sites from the Site List on the Privacy Tab by right clicking on the site name and then left clicking on "remove". I get the error message "Unable to Delete Privacy Settings for Site". In some cases there are 2 instances listed of the same site. My Privacy Controls are as follows: cookie control = medium, ad blocking = high, and mobile code control = on. How can I remove the sites that I want to as I was able to do with previous versions ZA Pro? How do I get rid of duplicate entries?Any help will be appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.0

billc Guest

Default Re: Error trying to Remove sites from Privacy List

That's a new one for me. Have you logged on with your ZAP password? You can always reset your ZAP database but just know that will also rest your Program permissions. Here's how to do that if you want.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

villager Guest

Bill - Thanks for your help. Before I tried your suggestion, I decided to reboot and try to delete entries with the right and left clicks as described in my message. The duplicate entries were not there and everything worked as it was suppose to. Don't know what happened to cause the problem in the first place and sure hope it doesn't come back. Thanks again for the suggestion I will try it if the problem repeats itself.

billc Guest

Ah, the universal fix-all.....when in doubt, reboot. Good thing you get to resolved without resetting everything.

Thread Information